Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Hulu won't connect on Roku express 3900RW

Jump to solution

For the past couple of days or so Hulu will not load on my roku express 3900RW. At first I thought it was a bandwidth issue with everyone trying together on at once, but the other apps on the roku are all working fine and Hulu is working on a smart TV in the other room as well as on mobile and PC. I've tried removing the application, restarting, and getting the application again with no luck. I keep getting a network error for Hulu. Does anyone know if there's a fix to this? I'm going to contact Hulu after posting here, thanks in advance for any help.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Hulu won't connect on Roku express 3900RW

Jump to solution

@Hawky @Edwardry88 @NikkiLo 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Hulu directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Hulu channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://help.hulu.com/s/?language=en_US

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue on Roku Premier +, have you been able to resolve it yet?  It was working fine yesterday morning but last night it stopped and will not load.  Network Error every time.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I also have an express well 4 and non of them will load I get to the Bar over the logo and it stops and goes back to home screen.  SPeant 1.5 hours on the phone with HULU no luck

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

After trying everything they instructed me to do and resetting my Romulus to factory settings. The only thing that worked was changing my wifi router's DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 which is Google's port. Each router is different and I had to mess with my Nintendo switch's settings too but everything seems to be working fine now. I had to do it on the router since ROKU won't allow it to be done on the device.

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Hawky @Edwardry88 @NikkiLo 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Hulu directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Hulu channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://help.hulu.com/s/?language=en_US

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Tank you, went to my router and noticed sometime ago i accidentally put 9.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. switched the primary to 8.8.8.8 and SHAZAM . Also fix my internet speed on pc.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This solution did not work for me.  I contacted Hulu and they said it is a problem with Roku.  Please come up with a solution via an update!  I will end up getting rid of Roku if I can't watch Hulu on it.

0 Kudos