Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Hulu without playback, Hulu unaware of issue.

Contacted Hulu July 2nd & 6th after their recent update of Sharp Roku TV and Roku Express (v. 6.32). Hulu won’t play any programming, Live or On Demand. Hulu will launch and you can select the program you want to watch, but the app crashes during the loading process and brings you back to the home screen. All other apps work fine on both devices. Spoke with two Hulu Customer Service reps and did all of the possible troubleshooting. I even factory reset the Roku Express and Hulu will not play. Does anyone else have the same issue? I will be calling Hulu again tomorrow to suspend my account. They were nice enough to give me a substantial credit to my account, but I really only use Hulu on our Roku TV. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Hulu without playback, Hulu unaware of issue.

@Tenorbro 

Thanks for the information.

We would recommend continue to work with Hulu support for further assistance with your issue. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Hulu channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos