Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

@Shiloh0772 that sounds like an issue with the channel itself, not the Roku. The Roku has no way of knowing an episode has ended, but the channel itself knows. You should contact Hulu and report that problem. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Shiloh0772

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

It doesn't happen on my fire stick 🤷🏻‍♀️

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

Fire TV is a completely different operating system. No comparison with the same app on a Roku device. Probably not even created by the same developers. It might look identical on the two devices, but under the skin they're not the same. 

Dan

0 Kudos
phillipsrich
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mary,

Either I didn't post it, or you missed it.  It was originally plugged into the Roku Cable and plug.  Both of my expresses close and go back to "Home" after ~3 minutes.   I don't have any problem on the 4620x or the 3920x.  The 3930x's seem to have this problem.  I swapped the power cable and power supply from the 3920x and moved it to the 3930x (vice versa) and the 3930x (of which i have 2) both went back to home after about 3-4 minutes. 

Rich ..

0 Kudos
Dbusanic
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I unplugged Roku express and changed bandwidth setting to off and

restarted and it’s still not working 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hulu will not load

Jump to solution

Hi @Mayken454,

Thanks for the post.

Have you restarted your Roku device after removing the channel and before adding back the channel?

If yes, this is a good indication that there is likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to that channel publisher directly to share your feedback. 

You can reach Hulu support here: https://help.hulu.com/s/?language=en_US
Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @phillipsrich,

Thanks for the note.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, please send me a private message with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dbusanic
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How can i send you a private message?

I also removed the channel and added it back and still have same issue 

your app is impossible to find a customer service email or phone #

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@Dbusanic First, when you removed the channel, did you reboot the Roku before adding it again? If not, it was never removed in the first place. Try it again but make sure you reboot the Roku before adding it back.

To send Danny a PM, click his name and select view profile. On his profile page is a button to send a private message. If you can't see the button, try a different web browser. Also, I understand the button doesn't show when using a phone or possibly a tablet. So use a regular computer. 

There is no customer service email or phone number at this time. 

Dan

Re: Apps won't open

Jump to solution

I’m having the same exact problem when I’m trying to watch Disney+ Netflix Hulu Flicka it will not work

0 Kudos