Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimTaff

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

I am getting this on every APP . Watch for 30 minutes and back it goes to the home page . I had now tv box before and it was doing the same after 5minutes that it why I purchased a new Roku Express (I suppose 30 is better than 5 ). Was very disappointed to have the same thing happen .I have tried resets , factory reset , deleted Apps , re installed but still does the same . If I watch on my Mac , no problems . I mainly watch Netflix and BBC iplayer and this spoils my viewing . Does anyone have any other ideas . Kind regards Tim .  

0 Kudos

Re: Disney Plus not working

Jump to solution

Same problem here on both my newer model Rokus. I did the reinstall just as described and it did not work. All other apps work fine, it's only Disney Plus. My Roku is on the latest update of 9.4.0 4200. Disney Plus is most current after install and still does not work. It works fine on PS4/5, Fire Stick, FireTVs and all mobile devices. It's just the Roku where it does not play anymore. Help!

getoutski

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

i tried everything on this post and nothing worked for me sadly. however switch hdmi port and pressed the reset button on the back of my express unit held it for like 30 sec. it cause a factory reset and after all that it finally worked!!! i hope this solution can work for everyones else. 

0 Kudos
myogen

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. restart didn't help. Asks me to log in but I don't know any log in information.

Rayb1201

Re: Express keeps going to home screen

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with 2 Express we just purchased waiting for a fix.

0 Kudos

Re: Hulu will not load

Jump to solution

I just now started having the same issue w/Premier+ 3921 device. I made sure the device had the latest updates, I removed the Hulu app and did a system restart. Readded Hulu and still get the Hulu loading screen and then sent back to Roku home screen.

We have another tv with a Roku Premier and no issues. Seems the problem is just problems with the Premier+.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This is ridiculous. It seems this is a common problem and there is no solution. I've paid for a year in advance for Disney+, so now it's worthless to me? I also don't see any option to "remove" then "reinstall" Disney+. It offers the option to cancel the subscription, but I don't see an option to "remove" the channel.

ahubley96

Re: Netflix App Crashing

Jump to solution

Netflix app keeps crashing. I tried removing it, restarting my tv and adding the channel back but it’s still crashing. It only improved very slightly but still crashes multiple times before I can even get to the show I want to watch #netflix #channelcrashing #rokutv

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Netflix App Crashing

Jump to solution

@ahubley96

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend removing any unused channels, restarting your device, then seeing if the issue is resolved.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Hulu, HBO max, Disney + crash to home screen

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem, I've already reinstalled the apps and reinstalled them after restoring the devicr

0 Kudos