Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidnpeggy
Level 7

Hulu - while recording won't pay from the beginning

Jump to solution

According to Hulu support, there is an issue playing a recording show from the beginning that needs to be worked out with Roku.

This also applies to Live TV that you access and select "start over"

This has been happening for at least the past couple of weeks.  Restarting Roku, and checking for update has not fixed this.  Logging out of Hulu and reactivating has not fixed this.  Contact Hulu support initially resulted in being told that you can't start from the beginning of a recording until it had completed recording ... complete total lie!

After forcing Hulu to escalate to engineering support ... I was told that there was an issue that required Hulu and Roku to work together to fix this.

Has anyone else been experiencing this?

Are there any workarounds or fixes?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Hulu - while recording won't pay from the beginning

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We believe we've fixed this issue. Please restart your Roku device and then check for a system update and Hulu should behave normally again.

If you are still experiencing an issue after following the above steps, please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

34 Replies
ScottandAmi
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm experiencing the same thing. However, when I access Hulu on my phone or computer, I can start from the beginning when more than 30 minutes has been recorded.  So, the issue for me is definitely with the Hulu app on Roku.

davidnpeggy
Level 7

How do we get Roku to actually do something to fix a problem?

Jump to solution

Does anyone know what it takes for Hulu to actually take action on an issue?

Is there a phone number for technical support?

Is there an email for customer service?

Only sharing frustrations with other disgruntled customers doesn't really work for me particularly when a defect in service that did not exist, now is happening.  Not being able to watch a recording channel from the beginning is a outrageously stupid problem that should be immediately fixed.  Waiting many many months months for someone at Roku to notice that they screwed up is shameful.

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@ScottandAmi @davidnpeggy 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
ScottandAmi
Level 7

Jump to solution

Model 4662RW - Roku Ultra LT

Serial number YJ00C5476329

Device ID 04598C476329

Software version 9.4.0 build 4183-46

Channel Hulu Version 6.34 build 2

Tracker ID29-448-560

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@ScottandAmi 

Thanks for providing us with your information.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
kgoldberg21617
Level 7

Jump to solution

Danny,

I am having the same problem. I record the Today Show every morning and would like to start at the beginning. It only lets me go back to a random point. This started on Thursday, November 12.

Roku Premiere

3920RW

Software 9.4.0 build 4190-91

serial YH00GU64311

device JF39DG64311

I was using HULU live 6.36 build 0

Tracker 11-461-590

Al13
Level 7

Re: Hulu - while watching live TV won't "start over" from the beginning

Jump to solution

This issue is on all of my Roku devices (streaming sticks & smart tvs)....

Model: D803X - Roku tv

Serial #: X00700JG23DC (S06F407G23DC)

Software version: 9.4.0 build 4190-C4

Issue Id: DC-463-486

0 Kudos
MMSnodgrass
Level 7

Jump to solution

Been having the same issue and it is driving me crazy. Has me about ready to give up on Roku and go back to Direct TV.

Nicou13
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the same thing in the last couple of weeks. I logged in and out, I tried install the app again. I can do it on my phone and computer without any issues and this seems to be an issue with Hulu and Roku. 

0 Kudos