Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CaseyCip22
Level 7

Hulu reverts back to home screen

Jump to solution

Just got a New Westinghouse Roku smart TV ModelWR58UX4019 SKU6364540 and when I try to watch Hulu, I get booted back to the home screen. I get as far as loading an episode and get booted. This isn't happening on my other apps. Yes I've removed the app and yes I restarted the TV and yes I readded the app. I've done all of that multiple times and still not working. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Hulu keeps going back to home screen

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the patience.

We believe this issue is now resolved. Please check to see if your are still experiencing the issue with Hulu and let us know if you are seeing an issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Kliqfp
Level 7

Hulu keeps going back to home screen

Jump to solution

My hulu app, which worked fine just last night,  keeps going back to the home screen anytime I try to play a show. All my other apps work just fine, and hulu loads and lets me select shows...but when I hit play...home screen again. Every time. 

I've already restarted the system, removed and re-added the channel, tried both back to back and in different orders....and unplugged and replugged my roku. Hulu also works fine on my Playstation.  Id like to avoid a factory reset....is there any fix for this? 

BBon
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem today.

Bhole1
Level 7

Jump to solution

We started having this exact problem today as well. #hulu 

scotgod
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm getting the same Hulu issue. How do we contact support.

Kathrynh0608
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem!!:/

0 Kudos
StudioK
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same! I've done everything all the back posts said and still nothing. Even this morning it was working fine. I have a Roku and never had this problem before.

0 Kudos
Geeman
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same at my house, I have 4 roku's and all are going back to home screen.  But HULU works fine on the TV's smart app or on the web... not HULU

0 Kudos
BBon
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same here! Super frustrating. The app on my phone works but not the roku tv or the external plug in roku.

0 Kudos
Yvonne_H
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yes I am having the same issue in the exact same way you described.  It's acting like HBO Max is acting since the upgrade from HBO Now to Max (still not fixed).  I will say that I am playing a Fox  show on Hulu with no problem.  The two shows that it kept booting back to the home screen were ABC...

0 Kudos