Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CCourson
Level 8

Re: SOLVED - Hulu only audio but no picture

Mine suddenly just started working again. Patch must have been successful Roku. Either that or abandon the update. Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos
GeneP
Level 8

Re: Hulu only audio but no picture

Everything OK now. Don't know why. After restarting multiple times, re-powering the Roku device, and selecting different family profiles it suddenly came back. Just another mystery....................

0 Kudos
AuroreGray
Level 8

Honestly, I saw they said something about doing something, but nine of it made any sense to me. My tv doesn't connect to the internet, hence having the roku device plugged in to it. The connection is fine. Everything else works fine. Hulu works fine on my laptop & phone. Hulu was working just fine recently. It stopped working while I was watching something! All roku settings are up to date, so it says. The roku device I currently have is one of hulu's supported devices. 

Regardless of the reason it's not showing video, it needs to be fixed. If there is an actual fix for it, make it available to everyone. This is clearly a roku issue & not an issue with the tv or DNS or pinhole or whatever. 

0 Kudos
nabdul
Level 7

Re: Hulu not working July 2020

Ok so this is for the people who don’t have pi-hole or the eero ad blockers. I personally don’t watch Hulu on my laptop a lot, only TV or iPhone and I pay for Hulu with no ads. Today I decided to watch Hulu on my laptop, which has ad-blocker on it (just the typical free adblocker). And then a couple hours later I started having the problem with Hulu not working (crashing, audio no video, etc). So I tried whitelisting that website demdep (whatever it was I forgot), and that didn’t work for me. So I turned off the ad blocker completely, refreshed the Hulu page on my laptop and logged out of Hulu on my laptop. Hulu immediacy began to work again on the TV. So for me personally I’m just not gonna use Hulu on my laptop because I barely do anyway so that I don’t need to block all those websites.

0 Kudos
Jamie872
Level 7

Same issue. only on my Roku TV. no issue running Hulu on other devices.

0 Kudos
Dkreed9
Level 7

Us to o Roku tv.  It’s  not on sitcoms but like Barbara Walters and Leah Remini specials.  There’s a line in the middle of black screen.  Worked fine last night 

0 Kudos
sailornaruto39
Level 7

It started working again

0 Kudos
Momharg
Level 7

I did the reset on my Roku and restarted everything and now I have audio and visual. Hulu was working on my phone so guess it was a Roku issue, for me.

0 Kudos
ItsJustAmy
Level 7

Re: Hulu not working

Thank you Bartel! This fixed my issue! The only way I was able to fix it. Thanks so much!!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Hulu Black Screen But can here audio

@SKristi213 @CCourson 

Thanks for the post.

Please provide me with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-Roku OS 
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-channel version (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-when do you see this issue? During playback, startup of channel, etc?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos