Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
U2X
Level 7

Re: Hulu not working

I did what you said on the eero and oddly enough it is working. Thanks for the suggestion.

0 Kudos
Lszablya
Level 7

Re: Hulu only audio but no picture

I also found my EERO to be the issue.  I turned off ad blocking and it worked.  But I then turned Ad blocking back on and it still works.

JackB601
Level 8

Exactly what I did with my Ultra and Express. Both now working perfectly.

0 Kudos
Tsmelnik
Level 7

Re: SOLVED - Hulu only audio but no picture

For those of us not IT savvy and those of us who have Roku tv how would we resolve this? It is doing it on all of my steaming apps so it must be Roku issue. I sent an email to Roku but don’t have high hopes. 

CurtC
Level 8

It likely works when you turn eero as blocking back in because the DNS lookup is cached at the Roku and or Hulu level. Be aware it will likely time out and stop working again when the DNS cache times out, so you may need to disable ad block again.

@Lszablya wrote:

I also found my EERO to be the issue.  I turned off ad blocking and it worked.  But I then turned Ad blocking back on and it still works.

si3ge
Level 7

Re: Hulu not working

The pihole whitelist also worked for me. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Ryoko3000
Level 7

Same problem here, on Roku smartbar

0 Kudos
hypnovision
Level 7

Toggling my Eero ad blocker worked for me too! Thanks to everyone who helped with that solution!

Hulu was working on all my devices except my TCL/Roku TV. On that TV--and only in the Hulu app--I was getting sound but no picture, just the loading bar.

I used my Eero iOS app to turn off ad blocking. The Hulu content now loads both picture and sound. I turned ad blocking back on, and so far Hulu is still working normally.

I had to go to Eero's Help Center to figure out how to turn off ad blocking: Our block list can sometimes cause a website or application to stop working. If you’re using the iOS version of the app, you can check whether or not your issue is related to Ad Block by opening the App and selecting Discover>Ad Blocking and then turning the Ad Block toggle off. 

rchr64
Level 7

Did they update 07/01/20?  Because that's about when my Roku started acting up, except it is all channels, not just Hulu.  I don't see where anyone has come up with a solution.  Is yours still not working?

0 Kudos
Venusian1
Level 7

I’m having this issue as well. I don’t have anything like a pihole or eero running so I have no idea what’s causing this.