Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Hulu not working

It’s not Roku that has the issue; it’s Hulu. Roku works absolutely fine with Live tv on You Tube. Hulu did a system update and obviously their engineers didn’t Test it appropriately before launching it. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Hulu only audio but no picture

Same here.... I can watch Hulu on my laptop just fine but the Roku player is audio only black screen and frozen progress bar.

Wonder how many people are at BestBuy today asking for a warrantee return? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Just here to say that I’m experiencing the same issue on my series 5 TCL Roku TV and have been for a few days. 

Highlighted
Level 9

App on my Premiere+ updated this morning but it's still not working. Haven't checked any of the others. No reason to expect any different behavior from them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hulu not working July 2020

Hulu claims they're aware of it and "working on it".  The stream starts to load, you get sound, but black screen.  This is on all of my Rokus (7 of them).  

I went to Hulu's forums -- apparently this happens constantly.  I've only been with the service about 6 months, and it's been great, but there are identical posts from a year ago...

You'd think that Hulu would make sure that their service worked with the #1 most used streaming device...

Hulu support has no ETA.  This is my only source of live TV.

What do you guys like better - SLING, or YouTube TV? Or is there something else I should look at?

Highlighted
Level 7

I am new to this blog.  So we are all having the same issue.  Has anyone got it to work or reported it to Hulu?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I did look at my pihole logs for the roku device and noticed some domains that I hadn’t seen it beacon out to. I whitelisted two of them and I was able to get video back. Hope it wasn’t just coincidence that is started working again.

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Hulu not working July 2020

I ran into the same thing yesterday drove me crazy as i poked around the interwebs and couldnt find anything. I run pihole as an ad blocker and previously allowed everything hulu needed to work. Well that update started requiring a few new url's that if blocked yield that same behavior. Once I unblocked them everything went back to working as usual. Good luck......

Highlighted
Level 7

I'd love to know those domains. I'll white list them too to test it out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I was coming here to express to everyone what was just stated. With the update there are new domains that you need to allow. As previously stated by FranknBeans, i experienced the same exact thing. On the whitelisting of the 2nd domain everything went back to working perfectly and has since. For anyone using ad block software, simply turn it all off for a moment and test. If it works then you simply need to figure out which url is killing it.