Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Hulu not working

All of my other streaming services are working fine. Hulu opens and I can select something to watch; however, my selection does not load. I have tried restarting my system multiple times, removing my Roku stick, and deleting the Hulu channel from my home page and adding it back on. My system doesn’t need to be updated. Help!!!

217 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Hulu not working

@abrink18 

Thanks for the note.

Please make sure that after you remove the channel to restart your device before adding the channel back again.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Hulu directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Hulu channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://help.hulu.com/s/?language=en_US

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I did a soft reset and a hard reset and I check my Internet connection and then re-downloaded Hulu again. it still did not work I know that Hulu is not going to be working on some devices later this month but I have the latest device so please tell me what’s going on

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Hulu updated their app, which doesn’t allow for compatibility with TV’s 2015 and older. There is a workaround though. You have to change the bit rate on the Roku. Here are the steps

Quickly press the home button five times

Quickly press the rewind button 3 times

Quickly press the fast forward button 2 times

Select the manual setting, which brings up the bite rate menu

Change to 7.5 bit rate

Uninstall Hulu

Reinstall Hulu

Highlighted
Level 11

It may have been the updating process. I was having similar problems last night, but it's worming fine today.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I found out from Hulu today this is a known issue from the upgrade. Mine did not resolve after simple reboot. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I’d actually like to reply to the customer support guy who answered this, I think his name was Danny. Well I did that, didn’t work, called Hulu, and they said they think it’s something from rokus end. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Was this resolved for you? How did you resolve it? 

Highlighted
Level 7

Hulu only audio but no picture

Just set up a new Roku Ultra. When attempting to play Hulu material, we only get audio, video only shows what appears to be a progress bar.

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Hulu only audio but no picture

I have the same issue but only on Roku devices. Hulu works fine on Samsung smart tv.