Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Hulu not working june 2020

Hi I'm having issue with my hulu app it just freezes no login or anything, I have roku ultra  4670x so there shouldn't be any issue with support from hulu. Can someone help

Note
I already deleted and reinstall the app.

7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Hulu not working june 2020

I am also having this same issue. I have restarted the device and deleted and re downloaded the app multiple times. Everytime I watch a show the video will pause but the audio will resume until it kicks me out of the app.

Highlighted
Level 7

I just bought it 2 weeks ago

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Update, hulu started back working on it's own not sure who to blame hulu or roku, 3 days it took to be fixed

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same thing on my roku express. After commercials the video freezes but sound continues on. My trick is to fast forward for one second then press play, video will start back up. But it is super annoying to have to hang on to your remote to make a show play properly. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same issue here as well across 3 Roku Premier devices.  

• I'm running Roku version 9.3,0, build 4170.  
  • I've deleted and reinstalled the Hulu appp
  • Hulu app will start, select the user and begin to stream a show then freeze.
    • It will either just stream the audio or completely crash to the Roku home screen
  • The Hulu app on our Sony TV works fine
Highlighted
Level 7

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Okay I've been able to resolve my issue.   Hope this can help some others.  I'm running an adblocker - pihole.   I watched the logs as I started a stream (and then the Hulu app would).  

Just before crashing the Roku would attempt to resolve dpm.demdex.net.  This was on the blacklist and was blocked.

I added that to the allowed/whitelist and Hulu is back to normal.   

Cheers!

0 Kudos