Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Hulu live crashing

When trying to play hulu live it will play for 1 to 2 seconds then go to the homescreen. I have 2 roku's and only the one in the living room is doing this. What should I do?
14 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Hulu live crashing

Same here, brand new roku in the bedroom doing same exact thing.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Exact same issue here. Following!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

It seems to help if you reset the device from settings. I have an expess+.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Have reset thru settings several times and it keeps crashing back to the Roku home page. Had it about one month without any issues before now.

Highlighted

It's getting old, my phone works fine, roku tv in living room works fine, old 5 year old roku in kids room works fine, brand new 4k unit does this every time then sometimes after 7-10 tries it will stream live content. About 3 days til I shove it in the box and return it.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Just bought two express + having the same issue. new to Roku and streaming,having second thoughts! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

From what I am seeing here, it appears to be related to the latest version of the express model. I specifically waited for the latest (and more expensive) version in October, and now I'm second guessing that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Really wanted this to work, but spending 10 minutes resetting and unplugging to get live tv (only to be kicked out an hour later) isn't working for me. Is it Roku or Hulu? Don't know and can't spend all day waiting to reach a live person. Current cable/internet offer is cheaper now and Hulu is raising its price. I'll try this again next year.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I did take the time to call support. I was told that they are in contact with hulu to resolve the issue. I was told that it is an issue with hulu.

It does make sense that it would be a hulu issue, because everything else on my roku works.
0 Kudos