Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mattman840
Level 7

Hulu keeps getting logged in as a different user

Jump to solution

I hope this explanation will make sense -

I have 3 different rokus registered to my main roku account. All are stick + devices. 

Roku A and B are with me in my apartment. Roku C is at my parents house 30 minutes away.

A and B are logged into Hulu with no issue using an account we pay for (we'll call this account 1). C doesn't use Hulu, however they just got it free thru my parents cell phone provider (account 2). 

My parents finally decided to try their free Hulu service using their own log in on account 2 and roku C. When I went to log into roku A and B, all of my account information was missing and displayed Account 2 info. I cant get it to go away.

I've deleted the channel, logged out multiple times from all 3 devices and I cant get account 1 to display. 

What else can I do? I want to be able to use the service I pay for with the profile I've created and built up over the years.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: Hulu keeps getting logged in as a different user

Jump to solution

Go to https://secure.hulu.com/account (on both Hulu accounts)

Click on "Manage Devices" under "Your Account".

Remove all listed Roku devices.

Open Hulu app on Roku's, reactivate with desired Hulu account.

NOTE: To prevent from happening again, recommend either using the same Hulu account on all Roku devices, or put parent's Roku on new/separate Roku account.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

Go to https://secure.hulu.com/account (on both Hulu accounts)

Click on "Manage Devices" under "Your Account".

Remove all listed Roku devices.

Open Hulu app on Roku's, reactivate with desired Hulu account.

NOTE: To prevent from happening again, recommend either using the same Hulu account on all Roku devices, or put parent's Roku on new/separate Roku account.

0 Kudos
Mattman840
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks! I'll give it a shot and see if that helps.

We do share various premium content that is billed thru roku, so im hesitant to split them off to a separate roku account. Might have to as a last resort though...

I'll report back once I have a chance to try this solution

0 Kudos