Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DizzyOG
Channel Surfer

Re: Hulu crashing when navigating on home screen (of Hulu) only on my 4800r Ultra?

Jump to solution

Yes, it has been fixed and is working correctly now. Thanks for your reply and attention to this issue. Have a great day.

0 Kudos

Re: Netflix App Crashing to Home screen

Jump to solution

We have 4 Roku Smart TV’s in the home. Netflix crashes on every single one. All other apps work just fine. 

When browsing Netflix, it lags out and then freezes up until Netflix either A. Crashes or B. Crashes and forces the TV to restart. 

None of the listed solutions work at all. This has been an ongoing issue for months. Netflix works great on a Firestick, mobile devices or tablets. It is only Roku devices that has an issue. 

0 Kudos

Apps not opening and it is getting very annoying

Jump to solution

It is getting to be a headache just to watch basic streaming tv. Why all the issues?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Apps not opening and it is getting very annoying

Jump to solution

@Polloschica87 wrote:

It is getting to be a headache just to watch basic streaming tv. Why all the issues?

Combination of bad/buggy/bloated RokuOS firmware/middleware updates coupled with some bad/buggy/bloated app updates which especially impact older/lower memory models.

0 Kudos
edancas

Re: Disney Plus not working

Jump to solution

I've tried just about every tip I can find online without any success.

When I launch Disney+ on my Roku the app launches and I can choose a profile and scroll through the list of shows available. Once I choose a show and start it but it will spin and eventually error out with the error something went wrong. Below are the troubleshooting steps I've preformed.

1. I Had a Roku Express with the same exact symptoms and errors. Replaced the Roku Express with a Roku Ultra to rule out wireless issues since with the Ultra I'm using a wired connection.

2. I can stream Disney+ on other devices in the house without any issues. Those devices are Apple laptops, Apple iPads, Windows Computer via wireless so I can rule out wireless problems.

3. Installed Disney+ on the brand new Roku Ultra and no shows would play and had the same errors and symptoms as on the Roku Express.

4. I removed Disney+ from the Roku Ultra, restarted the Roku Ultra. I then reinstalled Disney+ and logged into my account. Exact same issues as before.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@edancas 

1) Restart all networking equipment:  Roku/modem/router/gateway

2) Consider testing Disney+ streaming by connecting your Ultra to a HotSpot/other network - if it streams then you know the network/internet connection is the likely source.

3) Make sure you arent using a VPN or that your IP/IP range/POP isnt being blocked by Disney+ (this might affect other Disney services like Hulu/ESPN) - you'll need to contact Disney+ about that.

4) Make sure your modem/router/gateway isnt filtering/blocking ads/malware/URLs - this can cause streaming service failure, so check the firewall/filtering settings.

0 Kudos
Daja_28

Netflix App Crashing/Roku Update Needed

Jump to solution

If anyone is having issues with their Netflix as I did. My Roku was supposed to automatically update to the latest software and it didn't. So that maybe the case for some people and once I updated my Roku to the latest software it works great now. So going to system update and then click on check now will update it and restart it to the updated software. Hope that helps! 

0 Kudos

Re: Netflix App Crashing over and over that it was pointless to try and stream any shows or movies

Jump to solution

My Netflix was crashing constantly and I followed these steps and uninstalled then restarted in settings.So far so good fingers crossed.Such an inconvenience and so annoying but glad I’m streaming again.Will keep informed if it crashes again.Thank you support team.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Just figured out the reason for this, turns out Disney had me on a block list whenever I upgraded to the bundle. To get it back working call the disneyplus customer service number and have them check your amount on their end. 

0 Kudos
Denz

Jump to solution

I reached out to Disney Plus and was on the phone for over an hour and still did not work. I watch four hours the day I purchased the service and the next day the icon appears, then blinks, then a blue plus symbol appears and nothing. I’ve tried everything and Disney Plus said I needed to call Roku. Has anyone from Roku reached out to Disney in support of their paying clients?

0 Kudos