Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kesemb
Level 7

Hulu bitrare get worse over time

The Hulu app on my roku seems like it's starting every video with the best quality possible, but after the commercial break it come back with a little worse quality of video.
Then, it stays with the lesser bitrate for 3 segment and after the third commercial break it return in SD. It happen like a clock on every single video.

I actually think this is a problem for the hulu team, but because I didn't see anyone on their support twitter account writing about this - i'm starting to think it's me.
Maybe it's something on my router. Is there any setting that ensure that the video always stays on the best quality?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Hulu bitrare get worse over time

Hi there! Thanks for reaching out here. 

Does the same issue occur in other channels on your Roku device? If not, you'll want to contact Hulu support to report the issue and request additional assistance with their channel. 

For general wireless troubleshooting, we'd recommend taking a looking at our tips to improve your connection here: https://support.roku.com/article/213122277-tips-for-improving-the-wireless-connection-to-your-roku-s...

Keep us posted if there's anything else we can assist with. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos