Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rizviper
Level 7

Re: Hulu autoplay not working

Jump to solution

Same issue on two roku ultras that I have in my house and its on the hulu.  Computer works fine.  This latest update is probably the issue on roku.  Please fix!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tired
Level 8

Jump to solution

I’ve noticed that with my streaming stick+ that autoplay seems to work for shows for which I haven’t reset the watch history. I haven’t tried it yet with my older models. I should be watching more hulu shows tomorrow so I’ll update if anything changes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trishie
Level 7

Jump to solution

It has to be a Roku issue. Hulu works fine on my firestick +  and my computer but will not autoplay on the Roku. Now I’m having trouble with Disney+. Could you please fix this? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
NadiaF
Level 8

Jump to solution

I wish they'd go back to the previous update because all of the issues started when Hulu and Roku updated. The updates always cause a problem. Previous to this, the episodes would play from the end credits and wouldn't be fixed even if I deleted the watch history. A problem always follows the updates.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks for continuing to share your reports here. This was an issue in the Hulu channel (app) that has now been resolved. 

Hulu just published an updated version of their channel (app) that should address the issue you were seeing. Please visit Settings>System>System update>Check now and perform a system update.

If an update to Hulu isn't automatically found, go ahead and remove the Hulu channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key, and choosing 'Remove channel. Then, restart your player from Settings>System>System restart. Once your device restarts, go to 'Streaming channels' from the home screen, search for Hulu and add it to your device once more. 

Keep us posted from there! If you still encounter an issue after the update, you'll need to contact Hulu support to report the issue and request additional assistance. We can help pass along any additional feedback, but channel-specific issues will need to be addressed by the channel provider and may require an update to their channel. 

Cheers,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Dizzle813
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you, Tanner! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
amandadalton
Level 7

Jump to solution

This solution worked for a short time for me, now as of tonight, I'm back to it crashing every time it tries to load the next episode. Tried updating, removing app, restarting roku. No luck. Every episode will go to a black screen rather than starting the next via auto play, it then freezes, and completely restarts the roku device. 

Highlighted
Dmorales103
Level 7

Jump to solution

My auto play still hasn’t worked, but only when my screen is minimized on my device. Say I’m doing homework on my iPad and I’m logged out of Hulu but the mini screen at the corner is still playing my show, it doesn’t play the next episode of any of my shows. It’s been broken for months now. Whenever I play an episode of a show, I expect it to go to the next episode, but nothing. It’s really making me dislike Hulu. I’ve checked the settings and autoplay is on. The Hulu app has gone through its most recent update too. Can you please help me with this so that I can go go back to watching my favorite shows?

0 Kudos