Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Hulu autoplay not working

Jump to solution
Hulu autoplay is no longer working. Once the episode ends the timer starts counting down. Once it reaches 1 it just freezes and nothing happens. Have to manually select the next episode to start playing. I have reset the device and logged out of Hulu, re-downloaded the channel and logged in again. The series I have noticed this on are It's always Sunny and Brooklyn Nine-nine
Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Hulu autoplay not working

Jump to solution

Thanks for continuing to share your reports here. This was an issue in the Hulu channel (app) that has now been resolved. 

Hulu just published an updated version of their channel (app) that should address the issue you were seeing. Please visit Settings>System>System update>Check now and perform a system update.

If an update to Hulu isn't automatically found, go ahead and remove the Hulu channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key, and choosing 'Remove channel. Then, restart your player from Settings>System>System restart. Once your device restarts, go to 'Streaming channels' from the home screen, search for Hulu and add it to your device once more. 

Keep us posted from there! If you still encounter an issue after the update, you'll need to contact Hulu support to report the issue and request additional assistance. We can help pass along any additional feedback, but channel-specific issues will need to be addressed by the channel provider and may require an update to their channel. 

Cheers,

Tanner

View solution in original post

45 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
I have had this issue as well, it just started two days ago. Except only one show works with autoplay, the rest freezes just as you said. I have spoken to 3 different agents, restarted my roku, etc. Etc. And nothing had worked, it's really irritating.
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution
This is Day 3 of auto play not working. So far I’ve only watched Brooklyn 99 and Superstore but they both get stuck. The first day I noticed it seemed to freeze at the 50-something mark “Up Next..” Yesterday it got stuck at “15 Up Next” and so far today it’s stuck at “1 Up Next.” It also does not seem to work in the Hulu App on my iPad.
Highlighted

Jump to solution
The same thing has been happening to me. Hoped I'd be able to find the solution via google, but this is the only post I've found and there seems to be no solution yet. It seems as though there is an issue with roku or the hulu app itself.
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I Am Having The Same Issue As Well, I Either Have To Click On The Next Episode To Play It. Or When The Timer Counts Down Roku Freezes And Automatically Restarts Its self. Very Irritating!!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution
Same here. It’s been going on for several days. I’ve tried clearing my cache, logging out and back in, deleting and reinstalling hulu, and manually updating roku. Nothing has worked.
I keep cartoons playing at night in order to help me sleep and it’s quite frustrating to constantly wake up after finally dozing off because the sudden silence has shocked me awake. I hope they fix this soon.
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
Same thing here. It freezes on “1” or “3” in my experience. Happening for about a week now.
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
Having the same problem with Hulu auto play freezing at 1 sec on the Roku Ultra. Auto play works just fine when watching Hulu on Xbox. Roku is updated and Hulu app is updated.
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
Got the same exact problem. It just started yesterday. Hopefully someone finds a solution to the problem🙄
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Day 4 of Hulu not working. I've cancelled it until it gets fixed. The autoplay works only if I fast forward which is dumb. I hope this gets fixed at some point. My netflix autoplays so its definitely a problem with the hulu-roku connection.