Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BoZiffer
Level 7

Hulu app won’t open

When I click on the Hulu app/channel it starts to open, then goes back to the Home Screen. All my other channels open fine. 

15 Replies
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: Hulu app won’t open

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel installation has gotten corrupted. A reinstall may fix the problem, so give it a try. Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart. (On a Roku TV, this is Settings > System > Power > System restart.)
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

Let us know how you make out.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
Jackie758
Level 7

Completed above listed steps. Ensured software update. Still a problem on all three rokus. Other channels open and working fine. 

Pbobst
Level 8

Having same issue since last Roku software download. 

My Roku device is pretty old, maybe Hulu just isn’t compatible anymore ...?

Nbates
Level 7

I even factory reset.. re installed everything.  I'm ready to throw it in the garbage.  

kimgar7
Level 7

We are also having a Hulu problem with our older Roku device, so I'm wondering if you're right. Hulu is working on all other devices - just not the little old dongle Smiley Sad

Jackie758
Level 7

I believe you guys are on to something. We have one newer roku tv that is working. But all the older boxes dont work. 

missynth
Level 7

I'm having the same problem. All my other channels work but not Hulu. Sucks to be paying for a service I am unable to use. Please fix this Roku!!

Pbobst
Level 8

Agree - be nice to have it fixed or at least be told our devices are not supported by Hulu service anymore

0 Kudos
Millie88
Level 7

I am having the same issue. I have uninstalled, reset, reinstalled and same thing. The software is up to date, but everytime I try to play something it seems like it’s going to start then goes back to home. This only happens on my older roku. I have a newer roku that Hulu works fine on

0 Kudos