Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Hulu app not available

Hi there,

I'm setting my Roku TV (TCL 32S327 32 Inch 1080p Roku Smart Led TV) but it seems like Hulu and Prime Video are not app available or that I can select.

Could you help me please?

Thanks,

Monica

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Hulu app not available

Many channels are not available globally. Where are you located?
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

US - East Coast.

The problem is the app is not available to be selected. As Hulu is not an app you can have on your Roku TV

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

I have separate Roku devices, not a Roku tv. Hulu and Prime Video may not be installed on your set by default but I'd bet they can be added from the Streaming Channels menu (or whatever it might be called on a Roku tv).
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks for the reply.

I searched for these apps in the streaming channels and they are not available.

I also updated the system to be sure I'm not fogetting anything. I navigated also on the website to add apps, and hulu and Amazon prime are not in the list.

It is really strange and I need to understand before changing the TV.

Thanks,

Monica

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@MonicaDN 

Thanks for the post.

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address' reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos