Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Hulu app keeps crashing on Roke TV 5110X

Hulu channel and also Disney + now keep crashing after I select them. Tried removing and re-downloading, and it goes to 100% but then says it can't be loaded. I checked to see if my Roku is one of the versions no longer supported by Hulu, and mine is newer then the ones they listed. It's a Roku tv 5110X

Any suggestions? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Hulu app keeps crashing on Roke TV 5110X

@ander295 

Thanks for the post.

When removing a channel, please make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back. Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi Danny, This did not work. I turned off the tv after I removed it, and I was able to add Hulu but when I click on it, it says I have a bad network connection and worn't work. Which is strange, because now none of my other channels will work except netflix, which is odd...

Do I need to do whole system reset?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@ander295 

Thanks for the post.

Turning off the TV is not restarting the TV. We would recommend, removing the channel, restarting the TV, then adding the channel back again. You can restart the TV through Settings > System > Power > System Restart.

If that does not resolve the issue, as a last troubleshooting step, we would recommend removing the channel, then trying to perform a factory reset on your Roku TV. Then once your TV has been set back up, try adding the channel to see if the issue is resolved.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos