Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jedi_Col
Level 8

Hulu Zooming in

This just started early this morning. I watch Hulu every night and have never had a problem. I have seen that people have had this issue in the past but I never have and the last thread said it was fixed and to start a new thread if it happens. It’s happening when watching older episodes of American Dad with 4:3 aspect. It starts off fine with the fullscreen TBS commercial but as soon as it starts, it zooms in. Once I leave and resume the program it fixes but once the next episode starts it’ll happen again.

ive already tried removing Hulu. Doing system restart, reinstalling. When the zoom occurs changing the picture size doesn’t fix it. The weird thing is, the TBS logo in the bottom right corner stays in the correct place when it’s zoomed it. The picture only zooms in the actually 4:3 box. 

I am watching on a TCL 55S515 Roku tv

any help would be great because this is annoying.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Hulu Zooming in

Hi @Jedi_Col,

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done about your zoom-in playback issue with the Hulu channel.

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.
You can reach Hulu support here: https://help.hulu.com/s/?language=en_US

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos