Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stressed123
Level 7

Hulu No connection issue

Help, I am so confused I subscribed to Hulu tonight but it keeps saying no connection but I check my connection and it says excellent. I can watch my other stations no problem. Any advice is greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Michelle3
Level 12

Re: So confused

Huh? Show us a picture of the Hulu Roku app’s No Connection screen and a picture of your Roku’s connection specifications.

~Jordan

0 Kudos
Stressed123
Level 7

Re: So confused

It's me again tonight. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for trying to help me with my Hulu channel. I still really don't know what the problem was but my Hulu started working right today. It's a good thing too so cuz if it would have caused me more problems today is would have been bald headed before dark tonight. So thanks again everyone. 

0 Kudos
Stressed123
Level 7

Help again

Well I guess I was wrong cuz I am back today where I started the other day. My Hulu not working again. I can't remember exactly but someone asked for some pictures of what it is saying here is one telling me to set up a connection when I am already connected and one showing my connection. Any other suggestions anyone? IMG_20200810_100326323.jpg

IMG_20200810_101059714.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Help again

@Stressed123 

Thanks for the update.

That error occurs when you are trying to launch a channel but the network or internet connection has been lost. Select Set up connection to go to the network settings on your Roku device and follow the on-screen instructions. If the behavior continues, the wireless signal may be too weak.

For more information about troubleshooting that network error code: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Williamt100
Level 10

It looks like you're connected via a 2.4GHz WiFi signal (channel 1) -- try reconfiguring your router to use channel 6 (less interference, especially if you live in an apartment complex).

It could very well be that your WiFi signal is dropping intermittently, or you are losing your modem connection to your IP intermittently.

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
Stressed123
Level 7

Thanks I will try that

0 Kudos