Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Hulu No Longer Supported?

Jump to solution

I have a Roku express model # 3930 Hulu works and then some times does not?? Why is this??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@wmcgee 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I wondering if you got an answer?  Our Roku streamer is from 2013.  We just got cut from HULU. Now we are looking at getting a Roku Extreme, and want to know it's a good choice!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hulu no longer supported?

Jump to solution

I have been watching Hulu on my bedroom model of Roku for sometime now and tonight Hulu informed me that I can't watch their channel any longer on this model to get a new one... I think if Hulu wants to keep me business they need to offer me a Roku in the model best suited are I see not reason to continue allowing to to make money from my account. I pay you to watch and you don't pay me... Good Bye Hulu!!! 

Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

Never heard of Roku Extreme that must be a faux pas???

Anyway if your referring to Roku Ultra I have one and am very pleased with it.

The Ultra has a much better CPU and Hulu is one of those Channels that do better with

fancier Hardware. Certainly will perform better than a 2013 Model.

If you on Ireland I dont know if Hulu is available there though.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

hulu app just updated on my Ultra and now no videos play. Tried restarting and removing/re-adding channel, no avail. The AUDIO plays, but the screen is left with the white loading bar.

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Hulu

Jump to solution

@Dre77288 

Thanks for the post.

What Roku model device are you currently using?

With more information we will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I've never received a email from Hulu before with such news and I've had them for quite some time. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Hulu

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R I'm having the same issue as @ralphie_suzy and a few other people on a newly created thread on the Roku subreddit.  Attempting to play something from Hulu will only play audio with a black screen, sometimes with the loading bar still showing 1/3 done.

Happening on all 3 of my Roku's.  They're Premiere or Premiere+

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I cant get it to work on my Express that I just bought so it must be on all Roku devices