Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Hulu No Longer Supported?

Jump to solution

Just received this email from Hulu.  Is this for real?  Hulu is being dropped from every Roku Device starting June 24th, 2020?

Hulu App Will No Longer Be Supported on Your Roku Device
Hi Mike,

This is to inform you that the Hulu app will no longer be available on your Roku device starting on June 24, 2020. 

The good news is that there are other ways to have the full Hulu Experience. Continue to stream your favorite shows and movies by using any of our supported devices or operating systems

If you need help setting up a new supported device, or you have any additional questions, check out our Help Center or Contact us.

Thank you for choosing Hulu.

Hulu
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Hulu No Longer Supported?

Jump to solution

Just checked directly with Hulu.  It appears that it is limited to older model Roku devices.  According to Hulu, the support EOL announced for June include the following models:

• Roku Streaming Player (models 2400 to 3100)
  • Roku Streaming Stick (model 3420 or earlier)

View solution in original post

25 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Since no one else has posted about this its probably just your model of roku that will no longer be compatible with Hulu app. It my be time to upgrade your roku, what is the model number of your roku anyways? This is not Roku, it is all Hulu, they chose what devices and models are compatible. 

Edmund
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I got the same e-mail.  I have two rokus, and one of them is almost brand new.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

We have multiple Roku's with at least two being the most current generation.  I received the same e-mail.  Although it does contain the phrase "your device," the clickable link provided to see if any Roku models are supported in non-valid.  As such, I am left wondering is it just one of my Roku devices has reach end-of-life support with Hulu ... or has Hulu made a blanket decision to discontinue it's entire relationship with Roku?

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Just checked directly with Hulu.  It appears that it is limited to older model Roku devices.  According to Hulu, the support EOL announced for June include the following models:

• Roku Streaming Player (models 2400 to 3100)
  • Roku Streaming Stick (model 3420 or earlier)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I just checked the Hulu site also.  I lied in the earlier post when I said I have two Rokus; actually, I have three and one of them is one of the older models (I use it only for Angry Birds).  I'm assuming (hoping?) that older one is the Roku that the e-mail is referring to.  (I also noted that the e-mail did not say Rokus--plural-- and wondered about that when I first read it.)

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yea, I think the Roku we have that is affected also has the Angry Birds app that was the original selling feature.  Not sure how long its been since anyone has even played Angry Birds on that device!

Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/some-roku-users-may-no-longer-be-able-to-access-hulu-from-t...

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

What does this mean is hulu going to support a 2500x model roku?? Yes or no?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution
0 Kudos