Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dougnow

Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Disney+ not working and is definitely a Roku issue

For some reason, all subscription type services no longer work on my TCL Roku TV.  The TV is new, installed in early May, and worked fine until the end of May. Here’s what I’ve tried as solutions (none worked):

1. Updated firmware to latest Roku version 

2. Updated the individual channels 

3. Uninstalled channels in question, restarted system, reinstalled channels

4. Full factory reset, update, reinstall of channels, updated channels

5. Accessed channels through Roku app on both iPad and Android phone then mirrored screen (to bypass Roku app on TV).

I also bought a brand new Roku Premier, installed on a different TV, made sure firmware was updated, still can’t access those channels. The channels will launch but won’t load choices (Hulu) or loads choices but won’t play them (Prime Video) no matter how I try to access. 

All channels WILL play on my iPad and all channels will play via Amazon FireTV...just not on Roku. So...can’t be an issue with my channel subscriptions and all is on same WiFi network so isn’t connectivity. Common denominator is accessing through  Roku. 

Any ideas? I’m pretty thorough but need some help as this one has no obvious (to me) solution. Thanks,

22 REPLIES 22
User32768
Streaming Star

Re: Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Disney+ not working and is definitely a Roku issue

Might be a long shot, but many (most?) premium ("costs money") content services either have a limit on the number of devices they can be accessed from, can only be accessed from one physical location (address), or both. Check to ensure that your location information is not somehow messed up (or incomplete). For example, Amazon allows people in the same household to use it, but not a nephew living in another city. I know that these things should be set up so that every device sharing the same base IP address is known to be at the same location, but... If your new device was configured with a different zip code, time zone, et cetera, that might be enough to screw things up.

Or not, who knows?

moon24

Re: Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Disney+ not working and is definitely a Roku issue

Reset your TV.  

0 Kudos
emmericks
Reel Rookie

Amazon Prime video not working starting today.  Prime upgraded their interface yesterday. It tries to load and then it kicks back to home screen. I did all things restart, update, remove reinstall app etc, etc. The prime video app works on my android with the new upgrade.  I have two roku express and one roku stick and the problem is the same on all three.  Any ideas???

jerryvoc

I'm having the exact same problem with Amazon Prime, also starting today, with two different Rokus on two different TVs. All my other premium channels work fine, and Amazon Prime Video works fine if I do it through my TIVO instead of Roku.  I tried contacting Amazon and I filed a work ticket, but I'm not hopeful they'll do anything.  Help!

0 Kudos
emmericks
Reel Rookie

I don't know what they did but I tried going into Amazon prime again.  This time is prompted me to sign in and register the device.  All three TV's work now. Same with me it worked through WEBOS on my LG before the fix.

jerryvoc

That worked...thanks!  I'm back up.

0 Kudos
brittris
Channel Surfer

I have been asking roku support what to do for this exact issue for over a month with no success. The last update they gave me a couple of weeks ago was they would have to have someone look further into it since all other troubleshooting has failed and I have yet to hear anything. I’ve emailed and asked for an update but nothing. Quite frankly, I’m ready to be done with them and get rid of this device. This is ridiculous. I can only watch Netflix on mine as it’s the only channel that doesn’t crash, so keeping the device at this point is an absolute waste. Best of luck to you with yours, if they don’t contact me by the end of the week I’m sending mine back and finding a different service.

emmericks
Reel Rookie

What model Roku do you have? What type of TV are you connecting to. Also, which apps are crashing when you try to access for viewing? Have you tried to completely logout of the app and reset your device. Prime video for example. Have you tried to remove app and then install again? Let me know what you have done so I may better help you if I can. Thanks

0 Kudos

I'm having the same issue, however my Amazon Prime Video works. I, however, cannot access Netflix, Hulu or Disney+. Each one either gives me a network connection error or a content restriction error (Disney+). I can access AppleTV, YouTube, PlutoTV, and Spotify, so I know the TV is getting a perfectly good network signal.

I am using a TCL 55R625 connected via Ethernet directly to my Synology rt600ac router.

0 Kudos