Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrklarinet
Reel Rookie

Hulu: Live TV tab does not show at top of Home screen

Jump to solution

I've looked for this issue, but not found my specific one. I have a TCL Roku TV (7101X) and a Roku 3 (4230X). Both are updated to 10.5.0 and the Hulu app on both are updated to 6.56. I have checked for compatibility on the Hulu website and they are compatible with the newer Hulu app.

The problem is that, although I am subscribed to Hulu + Live TV, the Live TV (or Live, whatever it is) tab doesn't show at the top of the Home screen.

I have power cycled, cleared the cache, removed and reinstalled the app. Nothing fixes it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mrklarinet
Reel Rookie

Re: Hulu: Live TV tab does not show at top of Home screen

Jump to solution

Actually, I found the solution myself. I just switched to a faster ISP and now the Live tab shows up. So it would seem that the Hulu app won't show Live unless there is enough bandwidth to support it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
mrklarinet
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This just took an odd turn. I went to where my Roku 3 is hooked up to my TV and opened the Hulu app. Live TV was at the top of the Home screen, but after exiting the app and reopening it, it was gone again.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@mrklarinet

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Hulu support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Hulu support here: https://help.hulu.com/s/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mrklarinet
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Actually, I found the solution myself. I just switched to a faster ISP and now the Live tab shows up. So it would seem that the Hulu app won't show Live unless there is enough bandwidth to support it.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I just worked with Hulu customer support to update my localization on their side. My original Hulu account was still associated with an old address and localization is a critical element of the live TV cost structure. It's important to have all of your zip codes in synch. 

To set your address on the Roku device go to Settings>System>ZIP Code

I hope this helps others. This appears to be a common issue.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am having the same issues. Tech support with Hulu is useless. The previous person's issue with internet speed may be the case but I decided to see if it was having issues with my T-Mobile home internet. After purchasing a blink doorbell and another camera I quickly learned it was incompatible with T-Mobile's home internet. I am a college student so I was able to sign up for the **bleep** AT&T phone line internet for free through that affordable connectivity program. I have access to two different internet providers. I switched the TV over to AT&T and then went into the Hulu app and there is it, the option for live TV!  

0 Kudos