Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Hulu Live (Sports) Crashes (have uninstalled/reinstalled/reauthenticated/reset all devices-networks)

I have the regular Roku stick on my Lg 2017 tv (Hulu live not supported on the tv itself) - every time I try and watch a premier league game (can’t get passed that as it’s listed first under “my stuff”) the Hulu app crashes and I’m taken back to the Roku home page. I’ve deleted the app, reset the whole device, reset the internet (working fine for other parts of the Hulu app), reinstalled and reauthenticated it several times. I just added the Live package last night (with multiple screens and dvr  expanded cloud etc) BUT my roommates Roku enabled tv can play the content no problem (authenticated last night and not one issue - we closed entirely out of his app and shut off his Roku before trying the living room ie problem tv) - any known fixes/new solutions for this? Nothing online is recent/describes exactly this issue :/

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Hulu Live (Sports) Crashes (have uninstalled/reinstalled/reauthenticated/reset all devices-netwo

You mentioned you've tried some of these things, but did you try them in this order?

Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.

2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.

3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
From home screen, Settings > System > System restart. This assures no remnant of the old installation remains in the Roku's memory.

4. After system restarts, find channel via Streaming Channels.

5. Highlight channel and install.

6. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Hulu Live (Sports) Crashes (have uninstalled/reinstalled/reauthenticated/reset all devices-netwo

Having this issue as well. When I try to access my "Sports" tab under "My Stuff," the app crashes. I tried troubleshooting with the uninstall process step-by-step, but no success. However, for the OP - I can access my previously-recorded sports by going to "Manage DVR." Although its purpose is to delete content, you can also select it in this interface and play it. It's the only workaround I can find. 

But this is so annoying, I will be canceling my Hulu Live subscription after this month and trying YouTube TV instead. 

0 Kudos