Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rachet44
Reel Rookie

Re: Hulu, HBO max, Disney + crash to home screen

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem with HBO Max. When we try to look through the menus it crashes back to the Roku homescreen. It’s happened several times now on two different Roku Tvs. 

0 Kudos
CO_Streaming
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

For anyone with a similar issue on a TCL Roku TV of multiple apps opening the load splash screen then closing back to the home screen . . .

The only way I was able to resolve my issue was to do the unthinkable. I had to do a factory rest of my Roku TV. This required setting EVERYTHING back up as though it was a new TV. Yes, it took a long time finding/remembering login ID and passwords for all the separate services. But all in all, it worked and all my apps open and are stable (fingers crossed/knock on wood).

BP-874

Jump to solution

I am running into the same issue - both Hulu and HBOMax are not launching anymore. Is there any other option than going back to the factory reset? 

jsides

Disney Plus not working - crashes back to home screen

Jump to solution

When I go to Disney Plus the Disney LOGO comes up and then kicks me back to the home screen.  The only other stream I use - Netflix works fine.  Just Disney PLUS effected.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Disney Plus not working

Jump to solution

@jsides wrote:

When I go to Disney Plus the Disney LOGO comes up and then kicks me back to the home screen.  The only other stream I use - Netflix works fine.  Just Disney PLUS effected.

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel installation has gotten corrupted. A reinstall may fix the problem, so give it a try. Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart. (On a Roku TV, this is Settings > System > Power > System restart.)
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Kimel33
Reel Rookie

Re: Express keeps going to home screen

Jump to solution

We are having this same issue, but our Roku won't us uninstall our Disney+?

0 Kudos
kandaloewen
Reel Rookie

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

ROKU apps play for three minutes and then exit to home screen. Problem apps, YouTube, Amazon Prime, Netflix, Disney Plus

• Firmware is latest
  • Tried power cycle
  • Tried factory reset
  • Tried deleting apps and reinstalling
  • I am using a power brick with lots of power

Model 3930CA-ROKU express

Serial number X004004SNMGV

Software version: 9.4.0 build 4200-AE

Device ID S014298SNMGV

0 Kudos
greg55
Binge Watcher

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

I fought this problem for months. I have found a solution.  I bought a HDMI to Rca convertor on amazon and connected Roku to this device then to the TV via RCA cable that came with the device.. Bingo the problems gone.

Without getting to technical , It appears as some streaming has data that your TV doesnt like so the TV kicks the Roku device off the HDMI port.   Since there is no data interaction between the TV's RCA connection and the Roku , the Roku doesnt pass the questionable data to the TV so the TV's does not respond by kicking the Roku off the HDMI Port.

0 Kudos
kandaloewen
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That is a SAD solution and not possible as I do not have RCA connections. Why would I want to use 25 year old RCA connection rather than HDMI?????

0 Kudos
kandaloewen
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I think my solution will be to toss the ROKU in the trash and purchase an apple TV.

0 Kudos