Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Apps won't open

Jump to solution

@ATS83 

Thanks for the information.

Have you already tried removing the channels from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channels back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ATS83
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R  not sure. I did delete the apps and then did an update on the Roku (wasn’t there the other day) and re-installed. Both of these apps mentioned are working at this time.

Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
Twizlette

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

My roku express keeps going to the home screen on everything i watch. I have done everything possible to fix it but nothing is working? It's happening every 20 seconds.

0 Kudos
Wgmartzf

Jump to solution

My problem is on my Roku tv. Roku channel Will not load. Goes back to home screen. 

Please send any information to my email. 

Marty2932003@yahoo.com

Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
56madz

Jump to solution

ONN Tv

Roku channel is the only channel that tries to load but then returns to home screen. All of my other TV's, including one just like this one work fine. It has worked fine since I got the TV a few weeks ago but quit a few days ago.

I have removed and re-added channel several times, did system restart, even tried unplugging TV and still not working.

Any suggestions would be great, I miss my Roku channel.

Jeff

jsmadz@bellsouth.net

0 Kudos

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

It’s 2020, and I’m having this problem. I’ve deleted app, and reinstalled. And done a restart. And still happens. With the Disney+ app. 

0 Kudos
greg55
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I fought this problem for months. I have found a solution.  I bought a HDMI to Rca device on amazon and connected Roku to this device then to the TV via RCA cable that came with the device.. Bingo the problems gone.

Without getting to technical , It appears as some streaming has data that your TV doesnt like so the TV kicks the Roku device off the HDMI port.   Since there is no data interaction between the TV's RCA connection and the Roku , the Roku doesnt pass the questionable data to the TV so the TV's does not respond by kicking the Roku off the HDMI Port. the cost of the device on amazon was around $23.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem. On my onn 50inch smart tv. I tried everything to fix it. I tried the reset button even as last resort on the back of the tv and still the roku channel wont load also my tv channels won't open. I do a search and it finds over 30 channels but wont let you watch them, just freezes. So frustrated. I think there was a update that caused my problem. I been using Pluto tv now to watch my news until the next update comes out and hopfully fixes the problem I'm having. 

What doesn't make any sense is if I push the button and do a complete reset , I can watch my tv channels. But as soon as I register it and add all the channel apps the over the air tv part stops loading. That's what makes me think it was a bad update.

Please help! Rob

0 Kudos
CO_Streaming
Reel Rookie

Hulu, HBO max, Disney + crash to home screen

Jump to solution

I was watching Disney + on my Roku TV C103X TCL model 65S425 last night when it froze, then crashed to the home screen. Now when I select the app it launches the loading splash screen for a second, then closes back to Roku home.

I then tried to launch HBO max (which I had successfully watched earlier that day) and it too showed the app splash screen for a second before closing back to Roku home.

I proceeded to test each installed app and found that Hulu also crashed one second after loading. But not all streaming apps fail. Amazon Prime, peacock, Vudu, Netflix, YouTube TV, and the YouTube app all load without issues.

I tested recommended troubleshooting steps on the Hulu app. I uninstalled it, restarted the Roku TV, reinstalled the Hulu app (I don't have Hulu installed or used on any other device so there were no other devices connected to the account), launched the app, and it still crashed to home screen.

I checked to see if there was an update for the Roku TV and each app. All were up to date.

It's odd, and extremely frustrating, that these 3 apps (and only these 3 apps) all began failing at the exact same time.

CO_Streaming
Reel Rookie

Re: Hulu, HBO max, Disney + crash to home screen

Jump to solution

Oh, also it appears as though since Disney + was purchased through my Roku TV, it doesn't give the 'remove' option to uninstall it. It only lists the option to move channel, manage subscription, check for updates, give us feedback.

0 Kudos