Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbconsul
Level 9

Hulu DVR function does not work after Roku 9.4 update

I have had nothing but problems with HULU since 9.4 on my roku ultra and the roku TV. When trying to watch something that is currently being recorded can no longer skip to beginning or even rewind or fast forward. I only have the problem with Hulu on Roku, Hulu app on IOS, Samsung TV, apple TV and FireTV all continue to work properly
9 Replies
Valeriol
Level 9

Re: Hulu DVR function does not work after Roku 9.4 update

Same here. The issue is only from Rokers stick, not from computer or tablet. Sometimes if I enter and exit Hulu, or if I delete an existing recording I get it to behave.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Valeriol @mbconsul 

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-exact steps to reproduce the issue you are experiencing

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Valeriol
Level 9

Roku Device Model: 3800X - Streaming Stick

Serial Number: YF002U651020

Device ID: CT3962651020

Software version: 9.4.0 - build 4190-55

Tracker ID: 20-473-696

When does it occur: when trying to play a live show being taped on Hulu Live.

To reproduce: DVR a program, then, while the program is still running, try to move back and forth through the show being taped.

0 Kudos
Valeriol
Level 9

Actually it turns out you don’t need to DVR anything. In Hulu live go to the listings for live TV, pick a program and try to “start over”, it won’t work (it used to until recently).

0 Kudos
Hogman78
Level 7

I’m having the same issue.  I can’t rewind a live show to the beginning wether or not is is being recorded into my DVR.  I can’t rewind or pause a live show being recorded into my DVR.  This has been the case since the latest update to my Roku ultra device a few weeks ago.  Since I don’t have this problem using Hulu + Live TV on Windows or IOS devices, it appears this issue is isolated to Roku devices after its latest software update (software version: 9.4.0 Build 4190 updated 11/12/2020).  The feature worked fine in the Roku device before the update.  I suspect the update broke APIs that the HULU channel uses to receive rewind and start over singles from the Roku device.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Valeriol 

Thanks for the information.

I have passed along your information to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
mbconsul
Level 9

Device model: 4660X

serial number: YJ004C111177

device ID: CK3844111177

software version: 9.4.0 build 4190-46

HULU that is the only live streaming channel I subscribe in

hulu version 6.36 build 0

Tracker ID: 77-480-791

Set up a broadcast to be recorded, for example a football game. After the game has started and begun recording, select the live broadcast to watch (point A)  Press the arrow up button to display the slider bar and start over, pause, and watch live options. Arrow left to select the start over option, press OK, the broadcast returns to the point where you started watching the live broadcast (point A).  Exit the slider options to the regular broadcast, press the left arrow to display slider and rewind, press the left arrow to rewind, then press ok to start playback, playback jumps to approximately to point A again. 

0 Kudos
Miz
Level 7

Same thing happened with my Roku Stick since the recent update. I cannot FF or Rewind recorded shows on Hulu. FF and Rewinding works fine on my Vizio smart television,  iPad and on my Apple computer. 

It’s not a mystery, the problem is with the Roku update. Please fix it Roku techs it worked fine before.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@mbconsul 

Thanks for the information.

I have passed along your information to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos