Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MJPinJacksonTN
Channel Surfer

Re: Hulu Crashing every 30 minutes

Yep...add me to the list.  Started middle of last week.  Did all the classic "fixes" and nothing works.  Using apps where I can and seeing if this helps.  FoxNews and FoxBusiness was noticed first.  Now notice it happening on FoodTV.

riddlegrad
Streaming Star

Add me to the list with Model 4620X Premiere and anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour. For me it is Fox and returns to home screen.

GPVR123

Same with me!

MOMOLINE
Reel Rookie

I have searched online, HULU and Roku and have not been able to get any answers.  This started to happen to me weeks ago, but now it's on all of my Roku devices, but don't have the problem with the TVs that have Amazon Firesticks.  I was thinking about getting another Roku, but know questioning it.  Two of my Roku's are less than a year old and the other is several years old, but all having the same issue of going to home screen at the end of any show on Hulu.

Ava3tar-
Reel Rookie

Same here, ROKU keeps crashing every 30 minutes- this is now very frustrating. 

0 Kudos
badjad
Reel Rookie

Has anyone else noticed any improvement today? We noticed yesterday that Hulu Live kicked us back to the Home screed at 3 minutes after the hour yesterday morning/early afternoon which watching regular programming that ended on the hour. It did not matter which TV we watched from...SmartTVs or TV with Roku streaming added. When we went into streaming back episodes of TV shows we had no issues. We watched a movie in the afternoon with no issues and watched the football game on our local NBC affiliate last night with no problem. Overnight we used the PlutoTV app with no issues of kicking us back to Home screen. This morning 1 TV was on the local ABC affiliate local news and one TV was on Fox News (which kicked us back to home at 3 minutes after the hour yesterday) and neither TV had any kick back issues. Is there hope that Roku finally fixed the issue?

riddlegrad
Streaming Star

Not that I can see kicked back to home screen 2 minutes after the hour when a new program came of Fox at 1pm EST 11/01/2021.

ksgemini
Streaming Star

Same here same time. A little communication from Roku and Hulu on their home page would go a long way here

Florido
Reel Rookie

This has been happening to us every hour. Roku or Hulu needs to fix this.

Pattimom74

I noticed this same problem while watching Hulu LIve only.  So far it's only happening with CNN and my ABC local news.  Mine is crashing three minutes after every hour.  I, like the others would appreciate if Hulu would at least let us know that they are working on the problem if it is a known system issue.