Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
echo
Level 7

Hulu App Questions

Is there a way to pick up where you left off when streaming a TV series from the Hulu library? I'm used to Netflix where it remembers the last episode I watched and if I didn't finish watching an episode it picks up where I stopped. 

Is there a way to get a larger TV grid to see what's coming up hours or days in the future?

What is the best way to find a Live TV show that is in the future and setting it to record?

Is there a way to change the video quality of the Hulu stream? On my Roku 4660x, set to 720p, Hulu is using about 6Mbits of bandwidth when watching Live TV which is causing me to go over my data usage cap.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: Hulu App Questions

"echo" wrote:
Is there a way to pick up where you left off when streaming a TV series from the Hulu library? I'm used to Netflix where it remembers the last episode I watched and if I didn't finish watching an episode it picks up where I stopped. 

Is there a way to get a larger TV grid to see what's coming up hours or days in the future?

What is the best way to find a Live TV show that is in the future and setting it to record?

Is there a way to change the video quality of the Hulu stream? On my Roku 4660x, set to 720p, Hulu is using about 6Mbits of bandwidth when watching Live TV which is causing me to go over my data usage cap.

If you like an series and want to be notified when a new episode is available, you can add it to "My Stuff." While it's playing, you may want to press PAUSE, then press the DOWN arrow and a list of episodes appears. Above that is "(→) Go To Details." Select that, then DOWN arrow to "(+) My Stuff" to add it. Next time you go into Hulu, it'll be under "My Stuff" any unfinished episode tagged "Resume Episode."
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
echo
Level 7

From My Stuff - I don't get the "resume episode" for an episide I've stopped part way and I don't see anything to show which episodes have already been watched.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"echo" wrote:
From My Stuff - I don't get the "resume episode" for an episide I've stopped part way and I don't see anything to show which episodes have already been watched.

Huh. I do get the "Resume Episode" option on my Roku Ultra (4660). Try restarting your device and see if it syncs things.
DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
echo
Level 7

Restarted and no change.

Does yours show you which episodes you've already watched and which is the next episode in the series?
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"echo" wrote:
Restarted and no change.

Does yours show you which episodes you've already watched and which is the next episode in the series?

First, let me clarify that I don't currently have Hulu With Live TV. I've had it in the very recent past (late Summer/early Fall), and am familiar with it, but I don't use it right now.

When I go to My Stuff, I see thumbnails of the shows I've added to My Stuff. If I'm in the middle of an episode, there is the option to Resume Episode. If a new episode is unwatched, it'll say "Watch Next Episode." And, if I'm all caught up, it'll say "All Caught Up."

Now, if I go into a series (Go To Details) and go to the Episodes tab, I'll see the listing of episodes. Those that I've watched will have a bar across the bottom. Those unwatched will not. Those I've partially watched will have a partial bar, roughly equal to how much of the episode I've watched. All of the episodes that are available to watch are listed.

I recall there being a listing of recorded episodes. I never used that, as episodes that I watched after the fact (everything except sports) were available as with standard on-demand Hulu. Yeah, I had it DVR stuff to see what the deal was. For me, it brought nothing to the table.

That's not to say that everything that aired was available on-demand without DVRing it; rather, it's to say that everything I cared about was available on-demand. I suspect DVR did matter for stuff that was only available via the Hulu With Live TV service. Like news programs, sporting events, local content. But that's not stuff I would generally DVR.

I'm not sure if this helps answer your question.
DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
echo
Level 7

"DBDukes" wrote:
Now, if I go into a series (Go To Details) and go to the Episodes tab, I'll see the listing of episodes. Those that I've watched will have a bar across the bottom. Those unwatched will not. Those I've partially watched will have a partial bar, roughly equal to how much of the episode I've watched. All of the episodes that are available to watch are listed.

Excellent information. I'm not getting that on my Roku or with my PC browser. I'll delete the Hulu channel, reboot, and try it again.
0 Kudos