Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmk1
Reel Rookie

How to watch CNN w/o paying for it again

Jump to solution

I already pay for CNN with my cable service. How can I watch CNN on Roku w/o paying for it again. CNN Go is no longer available.

0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: How to watch CNN w/o paying for it again

Jump to solution

This channel says: cable subscription required, so I assume that's the one you want.  (It sounds like it handles both your situation and CNN+ - let us know if it doesn't!)

View solution in original post

cmk1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks.  I actually tried signing into CNN on Roku & used the settings icon to get an activation code. Once I had the activation code and used it on the CNN website activation area  I was able to access CNN in full on Roku. It needs to be made clear on the app that you can sign in through your cable provider rather than being told to sign up for a free trial.  Thanks for you help, btw.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@cmk1  Suggest that to CNN. They just designed this new channel. It was released yesterday 

7 REPLIES 7
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

This channel says: cable subscription required, so I assume that's the one you want.  (It sounds like it handles both your situation and CNN+ - let us know if it doesn't!)

Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@cmk1  CNNgo is gone. CNN and CNN+ is combined into one channel. You log into CNN with your TV providers credentials. CNN+ is a separate service and login 

cmk1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks.  I actually tried signing into CNN on Roku & used the settings icon to get an activation code. Once I had the activation code and used it on the CNN website activation area  I was able to access CNN in full on Roku. It needs to be made clear on the app that you can sign in through your cable provider rather than being told to sign up for a free trial.  Thanks for you help, btw.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@cmk1  Suggest that to CNN. They just designed this new channel. It was released yesterday 

cmk1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You are correct.

Thanks. I signed into CNN on Roku & used the settings icon to get an activation code. Once I had the activation code and used it on the CNN website activation area I was able to access CNN in full on Roku. It needs to be made clear on the app that you can sign in through your cable provider rather than being told to sign up for a free trial. Thanks for you help, btw.

0 Kudos
lrmaxwell

Jump to solution

I can't get this to work for me. I have a Cable Provider where I can watch CNN, but when I try to use the app, it takes me back to the main menu. I haven't been able to watch in over 2 months. NOTHING is working and I've tried everything. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@lrmaxwell wrote:

I can't get this to work for me. I have a Cable Provider where I can watch CNN, but when I try to use the app, it takes me back to the main menu. I haven't been able to watch in over 2 months. NOTHING is working and I've tried everything. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

When you go to authenticate/authorize the app, is your cable provider listed?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos