Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wintomac
Level 7

How to unsubscribe from a *deleted* channel on ROKU Youtube app

Jump to solution

Even though I unsubscribed from channels in my YouTube account (logging in from phone app or on desktop youtube version), several of these channels are still in my YouTube app on the *ROKU* version of the app.  The problem is the channels have been deleted and there's no channel to go to, and no UNSUB button from within the channel on the ROKU version of youtube.

To repeat, these unsubscribed channels do not appear on my subscription list on Youtube within other devices, but they remain in the subscription list only on my ROKU devices' youtube.

Also note that  have only one and only one youtube account, and it is the same account in all cases.

What do you advise?  Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: How to unsubscribe from a *deleted* channel on ROKU Youtube app

Jump to solution

@wintomac 

Thanks for the post.

As @renojim mentioned, for more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Youtube support here: https://www.youtube.com/t/contact_us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

Try removing the Youtube channel (highlight the channel on the Home Screen and press * on your remote and choose the appropriate option), restart/reboot your Roku (don't skip this step), add the channel again from Streaming Channels.

That should clear out any information Youtube saved on your Roku.  You'll have to log into your Youtube account again.

0 Kudos
wintomac
Level 7

Jump to solution

I tried that again in the exact order you stated, but the deleted channels still appear.

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

Well I'm out of ideas.  You can try to contact Google/Youtube, but I don't think I've heard anything good about their customer service.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@wintomac 

Thanks for the post.

As @renojim mentioned, for more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Youtube support here: https://www.youtube.com/t/contact_us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
wintomac
Level 7

Jump to solution

It don't matter to Youtube.  Their forum already have this lingering problem that know one knowledgably addresses, and it impacts many "TV Devices" including ROKU.  I posted on that thread and started a new thread.

0 Kudos