Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to turn on closed captions on Peacock TV

Jump to solution

@trmetz

Thanks for the post.

Have you also made sure that closed cations are turned on at the Roku device level?

For more information, about to turn on closed captions, visit our Support page here: Turn on closed captioning

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
deban

Jump to solution

I’m new to Peacock and like the others could not get subtitles unless I activated them per your instructions and then logged out of Peacock and back in.  I tried to report this at Peacock help but could only get to a bot chat app.  Apparently they have no customer service department.  Seems like Roku should be reporting this to them so they will be aware.  We are unable to watch without subtitles so would not keep watching if the helpful user below hadn’t found this workaround of logging out to activate them.  Thanks.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Jesus. That was annoying. Having to quit the Peacock app and restart it to get subtitles to work was a real **bleep**. 

LizAnn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@GsaC45 wrote:

We are having the same problem.  Select subtitles during playback, but nothing comes up.

It doesn’t appear to be a Roku issue, it’s the App, so the tips being offered don’t help. 

I have been using the * key when Peacock was on the page with all the aps and a menu opens where you can update the channel. I did that today and got cc on the movie I was watching. Now I'm watching another movie and I can't get cc.  This us frustrating.

0 Kudos
LizAnn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Got it! On the Roku home page highlight the Peacock square then push the * key on the remote and update the app. Then open the app. If the problem is still there, exit the app and turn your tv off then on again to give the update time to work. The interface between the app and Roku is not working properly.

0 Kudos
wireless_Mike
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Your "boiler plate" answers are not helping us. i suggest you read the posts and develop a common thread that is describing the problem, then send your conclutions to your  engineering group or the streaming service engineers. The people providiing the posts are not dumb, in fact, they're usually tech savy.  For Roku to continue to provide "busy work" solutions, is disingenuous

Lmmontell
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Duh. I get captions on literally every app but Peacock via my Roku.

0 Kudos
jonboy1

Jump to solution

Closed captioning is supposed to be broadcast on a separate feed.

Peacock obviously broadcasts them both on the same feed.

Either that or both feeds are coupled together when played on an Xfinity converter box. X-Box doesn't seem to have this problem.

They should fix it. They obviously have no clue how many people are boycotting the app because of this.

dwfoth
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It's now February 2023 and the same problem persists. How many more years until it's fixed? 

0 Kudos
Lmmontell
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hear, hear!

0 Kudos