Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alekgv
Level 9

How to report malicious channels (Rumble)

Jump to solution

There are several channels, like Rumble, that serve to radicalize right-wing extremists with fake news, Q propaganda, and dangerous conspiracy theories. Channels like Rumble are what led to the violent insurrection at our Capitol on 1/6. I believe Roku should not allow their services to be used by these dangerous channels. Doesn’t Roku have rules or requirements for the channels it offers? Is there a way to report or complain to roku about harmful channels?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stephane
Level 8

Re: How to report malicious channels (Rumble)

Jump to solution

As far as I know, there's no specific channel reporting method. But you can contact them: https://www.roku.com/en-ca/about/contact 

You can also rate the app (e.g. give it a bad rating if you don't like it) but you have to install it first.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Fishface
Level 8

Jump to solution

You are entitled to your opinion.

Stephane
Level 8

Jump to solution

As far as I know, there's no specific channel reporting method. But you can contact them: https://www.roku.com/en-ca/about/contact 

You can also rate the app (e.g. give it a bad rating if you don't like it) but you have to install it first.

View solution in original post

alekgv
Level 9

Jump to solution

@Fishface wrote:

You are entitled to your opinion.

Yup.

0 Kudos
POKU
Level 7

Jump to solution

What about free speech guaranteed by the Constitution? We are not talking about yelling fire in a crowded theatre. Nazi Germany, USSR, Red China and others certainly don't allow dissent. You are heading down a dangerous road. Turn around. YouTube is already banning free speech to an extent. Who gets to be the thought police??? Whoever is in power at the time??? Read 1984.

alekgv
Level 9

Jump to solution

@POKU wrote:

What about free speech guaranteed by the Constitution? We are not talking about yelling fire in a crowded theatre. Nazi Germany, USSR, Red China and others certainly don't allow dissent. You are heading down a dangerous road. Turn around. YouTube is already banning free speech to an extent. Who gets to be the thought police??? Whoever is in power at the time??? Read 1984.

Calm down. Roku is not a government entity. It is within their right to create and enforce content policies. Their choices can literally NEVER violate your first amendment rights; only the government can do that.

bach3
Level 8

Jump to solution

LOL!

I sincerely hope you make it out of your bubble one day, and learn to read something other than headlines from Snopes.

People were let into the Capitol by police. There are multiple videos out there showing this.

Get a clue, and maybe don't swallow everything that's fed to you, smh.

0 Kudos
alekgv
Level 9

Jump to solution

@bach3 wrote:

LOL!

I sincerely hope you make it out of your bubble one day, and learn to read something other than headlines from Snopes.

People were let into the Capitol by police. There are multiple videos out there showing this.

Get a clue, and maybe don't swallow everything that's fed to you, smh.

Not sure what point you think you’re making. Also confusing was your attempt to start an irrelevant argument with your idiotic non-sequitur. 

0 Kudos
bach3
Level 8

Jump to solution

Your confusion doesn't surprise me. What you're essentially calling for is for any and all discussion that doesn't fit a narrative to be shut down. If you can't see the folly in that WHEN IT IS AS CLEAR AS DAY, then I don't know what to tell you.

Maybe you can start a crusade to just shut down the entire internet.

Or better yet, maybe you can WAKE UP to just how asinine your line of thinking is, if you can even call what you're doing "thinking".

0 Kudos
alekgv
Level 9

Jump to solution

lol calm down 

0 Kudos