Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ToddAndMargo
Streaming Star

Re: How to get rid of commercials on the Roku channel?

Jump to solution

I signed up for Kocowa (Korean Content Wave).  It has all the good shows that Viki removed and replace with cheaper shows.  Kocowa is more like what Drama Fever use to be before someone bought it and trashed it.  And no commercials.  And I am so, so tired of all the glitches on Viki's server and also them making me sign back in every two weeks.  Viki's tech support is totally non-response too.  So far one question from Kocowas was answered.  It was a blow off answer, but at least they answered.

ken0arto

Jump to solution

We can deal with some commercials, but Roku's overwhelming amount is the porblem. Every five minutes is just insanely intrusive. Especially when is the same damed commercial every time!

Greg5
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Funny, bec as a shareholder, Im concerned that they haven't been having commercials on the shows I watch. how are they to make money of they aren't advertising.  or charging for ad free. They definitely need a ad free option.  Rather than giving people tv for free.  Especially as stock price and profits are dropping. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I really wish there was a way to get rid of the ads. My son got the Roku as a birthday gift because he loves retro tv shows but he can’t use the Roku because of scary ads that seem to play every 5 minutes. The ads aren’t even geared appropriately for their audience. Horror movie previews should only be on horror films…not mellow old school tv. So disappointing. 

RR6619

Jump to solution

If there's no plan for commercial free programming, I'll move to purchasing TV shows and movies.  I agree the commercials are disturbing.

TravLvr

Jump to solution

Yes!  Would love a Roku commercial free paid options!     Many commercials are just TOO scary for my mom with dementia!  Need an option so we can watch great Roku content!

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @TravLvr
Thanks for reaching out. Please be advised that Roku (and/or its partners and content providers) may display advertising and promotional messages through your Roku products and content services. As a free service, like the Roku Channel, Tubi, Crackle, and PBS include commercials. Currently, there isn't a paid, ad-free version of Roku available. To learn more, you can visit this link https://docs.roku.com/published/usertermsandconditions/en/us.

Regards,
Karla

Jump to solution

It’s not so much commercials but the 4 y to o 5 minutes of a show then 6 to 12 minutes of clips from other shows on that channel!! I didn’t pay $100 for Roku box to look at clips of shows!! May have to get rid of Roku I get better service from a free antenna!’

0 Kudos
allerich

Jump to solution

Yep. Just this month (March 2023) ads started popping up on the mobile app for me. I don’t mind ads but they appear at the wrong times, in the middle f dialogue or narration about something. I wouldn’t mind paying $4.99 a month or something, like I do with other media like YouTube or Hulu. 

Rachelle26

Jump to solution

I’m not happy with the choosing of commercials and especially for children. Watching a children’s movie and a commercial about shaving a woman’s **bleep** comes up? What kind of sick people do things like this?