Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

How to get History channel

Jump to solution

I have a Roku device and I see the History channel but I can't get current episodes only older ones. It tells me to contact my cable provider for current shows. I don't want to pay for channels from my cable provider. That is whole reason I got Roku is so I could ditch the cable TV. Is there another way to get current episodes of the History channel?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: What providers have The History Channel on them?

Jump to solution

For the free seasons you'll find Filmrise apps in the Channel Store. You can get History channel by subscribing to Philo, of course many other channels as well. Once you have a Philo subscription, you cam use Philo credentials to get the History channel app.

Edmund

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Level 8

What providers have The History Channel on them?

Jump to solution

Can anyone tell me what providers (preferably FREE) have The American Pickers listed with them?  I think it is on the History Channel.       Thank you.                  Joann      

[post moved to appropriate board]

Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

The first 1-9 seasons are free on Filmrise, Filmrise History, and Filmrise Drama. Tubi has seasons 1-4 for free. Seasons 10 and newer need subscription or can be purchase per season or by the episode.

Edmund
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Oh, thanks so much!  My better half will love watching these!  

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Tivoburkee, where can I get this subscription?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

For the free seasons you'll find Filmrise apps in the Channel Store. You can get History channel by subscribing to Philo, of course many other channels as well. Once you have a Philo subscription, you cam use Philo credentials to get the History channel app.

Edmund

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

SlingTV has History covered.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Can't use Philo on my Roku tv, doesn't work , got rid of dish because I couldn't afford it , where can I get A&E , which provides the History Channel !

0 Kudos