Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shelleyp
Level 10

How to get Apple TV+ to work on Roku when you're not an Apple user

Jump to solution

This isn't specific to Roku, but I can't get any help at all from Apple folks.

I was curious about Apple TV+. I installed the Apple TV app and it said I needed to create an Apple ID. OK, cool. I did, including adding my credit card information.

But then it said I needed an iTunes account, and when I try to login at the web site for Apple TV+ it keeps taking me back to the login page, supposedly I don't have an iTunes account?

Is Apple TV+ only for Apple users?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Level 16

Re: How to get Apple TV+ to work on Roku when you're not an Apple user

Jump to solution

@shelleyp wrote:

I was curious about Apple TV+. I installed the Apple TV app and it said I needed to create an Apple ID. OK, cool. I did, including adding my credit card information.

But then it said I needed an iTunes account, and when I try to login at the web site for Apple TV+ it keeps taking me back to the login page, supposedly I don't have an iTunes account?

No, but you do need an iTunes account. If you don't have an Apple device you can install iTunes on a Windows computer and use that to create the iTunes account. I did a little research last week and that was the only way I could find to create an account without an Apple device.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
atc98092
Level 16

Jump to solution

@shelleyp wrote:

No, but you do need an iTunes account. If you don't have an Apple device you can install iTunes on a Windows computer and use that to create the iTunes account. I did a little research last week and that was the only way I could find to create an account without an Apple device.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

shelleyp
Level 10

Jump to solution

Thanks, Dan.

I'll see about loading iTunes on my Windows machine, and see if I can connect it to my Apple ID.

Update: This worked. I installed iTunes from the Microsoft store and I linked my Apple ID to it. I could have also created the Apple ID at that point, too.

I was then able to use it to access Apple TV+. I could use the 'mobile device' login approach, but using a web browser on my PC instead of an Apple device.

I suspect this is going to greatly impact the adoption of Apple TV+.

Again, thanks for your help!

0 Kudos