Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meyerson
Level 8

How to force all Roku apps to reflect my updated Roku 'device name'

Jump to solution

I have changed the name of my Roku Express+ device to reflect its new location in the home. The new name shows up on iOS devices using AirPlay, but other apps – like the iOS Spotify app - refuses to forget the old device name. (Roku connects, regardless, but I’d like the new name to show up in the Spotify app.) Is there a way to force Spotify to adopt the new name?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Meyerson
Level 8

Re: How to force all Roku apps to reflect my updated Roku 'device name'

Jump to solution

The change did take eventually. Just not as quickly as one might have expected.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Changed name of Roku device, but old name still shows in Spotify

Jump to solution

Does this wrong name affect Spotify's operation or is just an irritating cosmetic issue?

Where do you see the name of your Roku device in Spotify?  I can't find it in mine.

Closest I can come is under Account where it shows the name I chose when I created the Spotify account.  Might you have put your Roku device name in then?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking " as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Meyerson
Level 8

Re: How to force all Roku apps to reflect my updated Roku 'device name'

Jump to solution

The change did take eventually. Just not as quickly as one might have expected.

Thanks!

0 Kudos