Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marisolt07

Re: Youtube App Won't Launch

Jump to solution

Those steps didn't help still won't work.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Marisolt07

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? In addition, what troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more specific information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Youtube not working tried what was said even eliminated channels still would not launch

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that you are unable to launch Youtube.

For troubleshooting, try to remove the channel, update the Roku device by going to Settings > System > System update > Check now, restart your Roku device, and add back the channel.

Let us know how it goes! We're hoping this will work for you.

Thank

Didn't work

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Roku express did everything you said yo try when I tried to launch it said there was no room to remove some apps removed6 still will not launch was working fine last night but we had a storm come through New England today could that be the problem

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @HenryGillam

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Does the issue only occur on YouTube or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

You can try the clear the cache routine and see if that will make a difference. On your Roku remote, press the Home button 5 times, Up once, Rewind (<<) twice, and FF (>>) twice. If you did it correctly your TV should appear to lock up and then reboot.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
dodge22

Re: Youtube not working will not load

Jump to solution

I did this and Youtube will NOT launch.  I randomly get 2 error messages.  either out of memory or network connection issue.  ALL other channels work only Youtube is not working.  I reset the roku, removed and installed youtube at least 20 times all with the same issue.  my 4 other Roku devices have youtube working fine.  

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Youtube not working will not load

Jump to solution

@dodge22 

You didnt mention your Roku model # and firmware version: Settings/System/About

@dodge22 wrote:

I did this and Youtube will NOT launch.  I randomly get 2 error messages.  either out of memory or network connection issue.  ALL other channels work only Youtube is not working.  I reset the roku, removed and installed youtube at least 20 times all with the same issue.  my 4 other Roku devices have youtube working fine.  

FYI, the order is critical:  1) Remove app 2) RESTART 3) Reinstall app

Known solutions/workarounds for YT app not loading/closing to Home:

1) Check for updates: Settings/System/System update/Check now - try again

2) Restart Roku: Settings/System/System restart/Restart - try again

3) Change your Theme to the Roku Default: Settings/Theme/Restore default theme - try again

4) Change your Screensaver to a Roku clock: Settings/Theme/Screensavers - try again

5) Remove SD card (if installed) - try again

6) Remove app, RESTART ROKU: Settings/System/System restart/Restart, Add app - try again

7) Network connection reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Network connection reset - try again

😎 Completely unplug power from Roku for 10-15 minutes - try again

9) Factory reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Factory reset <--- last resort

NOTE for #6: Do not remove the YouTube TV app - you will not get the app back until the end of the dispute

0 Kudos
alabuck97

Jump to solution

Tried you uninstall, update, turn off and then reinstall,  Still will not open!

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@alabuck97 

Try the other 8 listed workarounds/solutions, in order.

0 Kudos
Helldawg2k

Jump to solution

I found the solution! Unplug the Roku, throw it in the yard, replace with Amazon Fire Stick. Works perfectly. 

0 Kudos