Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Cant Run Channels not enough space on two Roku boxes

Jump to solution

Hi @marie3548,

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're running into! I'd be happy to help take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.

Which streaming channels are you experiencing this issue on? Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?

We would recommend trying to perform a manual update on your Roku device to see if you are still experiencing the issue you are reporting.
Instructions to manually update your software:
1. Navigate to Settings
2. Select System
3. Select System update
4. Select Check now
For more information about how to check for a manual update, visit our Support page here: How to update the software on your Roku TV™ or Roku® streaming player | Official Roku Support

To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: What to do if you see "Can't run channel" on your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support 

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Mailman
Reel Rookie

Re: How to fix error message 'Not enough space. Please delete some apps and try again'

Jump to solution

After last update system restarted on its own and did not load all my streaming channels back. Tried factory reset and now no channels will load because of lack of space. What is the fix for this bug

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Not enough space after last update

Jump to solution

@Mailman 

Did you press and hold the rest button (or pinhole; you never said which Roku model number you have) for at least 30 seconds? A full 30 seconds? Not until something flashes or shows on screen, but a full 30 seconds? If not, it may not have been a full and complete factor reset.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Mailman 

That should have worked. This appears to be a problem and you've done the correct steps to work it.

I'm tagging @RokuDanny-R , @RokuKariza-D , and @RokuMary-F in hopes one of them can follow up and help you get a solution.

Other users with more experience with a Roku TV may have some additional suggestion before the Roku mods come by. Work with them if they have some suggestions.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Mailman
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you. Before posting i went through the community for suggestions and tried them before posting. Now the “ok” button doesn’t respond on the remote and remote on my phone. It seems to be a software issue to me. Thanks again

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Mailman 

I've never done it, but someone offered instructions on downloading software for a Roku TV and reinstalling via USB. I'm not able to find it at the moment, but if you have luck searching for that, you may want to give it a shot. At least, mention it to the Roku mods.

DBDukes

dannyx5321

Re: THE FIX for "Not enough space after last update"

Jump to solution

This happened to me when Roku decided I need an update. After the update all my old channels were gone and had to go through setup again. 

The problem started right with the first channel added to the blank list telling me I don't have enough space and to remove unused channels or insert SD memory. Surely I should have enough space to run ONE channel. 

I figured it was the update that screwed up something but all the usual fixes didn't work (clear cache, factory reset).

After scouring through the forum posts I found one that proposed a fix that nobody has tried before so I have it a shot and it worked!

Apparently, if you have multiple Roku devices like I do and most people, the Roku update somehow counts your channels on the other devices and concludes you have too many. This happens because usually all devices are under the same email account.

The solution? Do a factory reset on the problem device by manually pushing the rest button with a paper clip and register Roku on a different email, thus creating a new account. Voila, the solution that none of the Roku tech support people seem to know.

Enjoy streaming again! 🙂

Note: if you problem factory reset from the Roku menu it may not properly reset and you won't get the chance to register with a different email. Pushing the reset button with a paperclip worked for me!

0 Kudos
Kamilcooper
Reel Rookie

Re: How to fix error message 'Not enough space. Please delete some apps and try again'

Jump to solution

I have tried every solution on this page. I tried the home five times and the other keys, factory reset, unplug, I've deleted all my channels, and used another log-in. Nothing works. Please help. I can't even find a phone number to call.

0 Kudos
rhampton0010
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The YouTube channel for me was the only one that needed to be deleted.  Fixed mine.  

0 Kudos

Re: Roku Not Enough Space

Jump to solution

I did this and it looked like it gave my TV a virus... do NOT do this! 

0 Kudos