Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kw50
Reel Rookie

Can't get channels to run because there is not enough space even though I have used them recently.

Jump to solution

For the last week and a half I have had trouble with our Roku 1 (model 2710x). I get a message saying that channel can't be run because there isn't enough space, delete one or more channels. I have deleted some that I don't use much but now channels that were working are now giving me the same message. Here is a list of the channels not running:

Tablo. I had used the channel just one half hour previous of having this issue.

You Tube

NBC

The player restarted when I selected You Tube, then when trying to run it , I got the not enough space message. Same thing with the Tablo . ( I did work before as stated above.)

I have observed that the add that usually appears to the right of the channel list is missing . I see a shadow box with a faint semi- circle where the add would be.

The Roku channel will also not play, but kicks me back to the home screen.

I also now notice the device won't go into sleep mode.( The light in front stays on.)

The software is up to date. (10.5.0)

I hope the information that  I have given is helpful in solving this problem, which doesn't match anything I have seen on this forum thus far. Thank you for your attention, Kw50

MilesT
Roku Guru

Re: Can't get channels to run because there is not enough space even though I have used them recentl

Jump to solution

Quite an old device, and latest upgrade will take more memory. And there may be some memory "lost" over time that can be recovered with a cleanup.

Confirm that all your channels are still available in channel store (on web, not logged in).

On Roku 1, delete most channels (except spectrum or any channel that doesn't show up in channel store anymore)

Restart (this is essential), menu option on device or power cycle.

Then add back most essential channels.

Save up for a more up to date device, you can add any new device to current accounts.

Not a Roku employee
kw50
Reel Rookie

Re: Can't get channels to run because there is not enough space even though I have used them recentl

Jump to solution

I removed the problem channels plus one more, kept the ones that I know work, then restarted the player. I then reinstalled those channels. No dice. I get the same message. Should I have used the channel store on the web instead of the store on the player?

It's just about 8:00 pm pacific time and in testing my current channels I have had this happen: The player restarts ( by itself) after I select a channel. When I try to play that channel (after the player comes back to life) I get the "Not enough space to run channel message". Does this mean I need to do a full reset, or is it time to give up and replace the player?

At any rate, thank you for the reply. Even though the idea didn't work, I still appreciate the help.

P.S. Happy New Year. Kw50

0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Should have said add back one by one, test as you go. Best done on the device.

If it doesn't work, then Roku 1 is just too old.  Any barrier to upgrade other than cost?

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
kw50
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

MilesT ,

The main problem in upgrading to a new player is the home theater amplifier we use for sound. There is no separate sound output on the TV. So to get good sound we need a separate amplifier. The one we have has digital optical as well as RCA inputs, but no HDMI ports for digital AV pass through (made by Sony before HDMI was invented.) It still sounds great. What to do, What to do.

Thank you for suggesting me to test each channel one at a time. I didn't think of doing that before. I will keep you posted on what happens. Kw50

0 Kudos

Re: How to fix error message 'Not enough space. Please delete some apps and try again'

Jump to solution

Performing that reset fixed my "not enough space, must remove channels" problem.

0 Kudos
kw50
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is Kw50 here to say that I have given up trying to fix the Roku 1, and have bought a brand new Roku Express 4K. I have also purchased a HDMI audio extractor to enable me to hook up the Roku to the digital optical input on the Sony receiver (built before HDMI was invented.) Connecting the Roku this way might seem strange to some,  but that amplifier still sounds great and has probably many years of life left in it, and to have to replace it only because it doesn't have an HDMI interface seems sad to me. I can also use the RCA connection which is what I have now, in case the optical connection doesn't work out.

Good bye for now, Kw50

0 Kudos
Broncograd03
Reel Rookie

Re: How to fix error message 'Not enough space. Please delete some apps and try again'

Jump to solution

Did this and it worked. 

If the issue persists, follow the steps below from your Roku device to perform a factory reset.
  1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Advanced system settings
  5. Select Factory reset
  6. If you have a Roku TV, select Factory reset everything. Otherwise, move to the next step
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions
0 Kudos
Broncograd03
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

If the issue persists, follow the steps below from your Roku device to perform a factory reset. Press Home on your Roku remote Scroll and select Settings Select System Select Advanced system settings Select Factory reset If you have a Roku TV, select Factory reset everything. Otherwise, move to the next step Follow the on-screen instructions

0 Kudos
marie3548

Cant Run Channels not enough space on two Roku boxes

Jump to solution

Not enough space 

checked for update latest update dec 2021

deleted about 10-15 apps still not working

0 Kudos