Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeloskyGA
Channel Surfer

Re: Spotify Linked With Roku Credentials

Jump to solution

I spent over 4 hours today with Spotify Support on Twitter.  After providing firmware info, app version info, uninstalling, restarting, reinstalling, relogging in, etc, etc - all the things described in this thread, I still have this problem.

This was never a problem until something changed in the authentication back in August/September (the same time this thread was opened.  I've been signing into Spotify on my Roku TVs perfectly fine since 2018.  Whatever changed is now causing the, "This account is linked with your Roku credentials" within the Spotify app.  Spotify says it is something Roku is doing.

I quote from Spotify Support, "At this point, it seems the issue may be linked to your Roku account. In this situation, we'd suggest reaching out to Roku support to see if it's something they can fix on their end. We'll be here if you need any info from us."

JC12
Roku Guru

Re: My Spotify is not working at all and I don't know what is going on

Jump to solution

This has never fixed my Insignia Roku TV. Spotify stopped working since 10.5 update. Before that, beautiful 😔

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: My Spotify is not working at all and I don't know what is going on

Jump to solution

Hello @JC12

I hope you're doing well.

Please see and try the suggestion provided by @RokuDanny-R above. It might resolve the issue you're experiencing with Spotify. 

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@DeloskyGA

Thanks for the follow up.

Have you tried performing the steps that @KaraRok provided in their post as it seems to resolve their issue.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DeloskyGA
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Kind of, sort of.  I have told Spotify to "log out of all devices" before.  The problem with this is that I think I only did it with my account, not any of the other 3 accounts under our Spotify family subscription.  In the end, many of the steps I've walked through - logging out via Spotify, playing from a mobile device to my TV, etc - usually fixes it but only temporarily.

Just an FYI, I finally had Roku Support reach back out to me on Twitter and take ownership of my issue.  I have provided them my Roku email address and the serial number of the 4 TCL Roku TVs that I have and I'm now waiting on them to look into my issue.  I'll report back if anything comes of it.

0 Kudos
DeloskyGA
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Very disappointed with Roku right now.  Here's the response on Twitter after sending my serial numbers and login.

"We're sorry for the frustration that this has caused you. But for the meantime, We will share your message with our team and keep you posted once we have an update. We hope you understand."

ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.  This is completely absurd that there is no resolution to this 

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Finally, this actually worked.  Thank you. I went on laptop, signed into Spotify and logged out. Same time, deleted the names on Roku under Spotify.  I restarted system and was finally able to log into Spotify on Roku. Then i signed in on my other devices. 😀

0 Kudos
DMD

Jump to solution

No offense, Danny, but this *does* appear to be a Roku issue.

I have a Roku 3 on an older pre-smart-TV and a one year old Hisense Roku TV. This ONLY happens (with the message as stated in other posts) on the Hisense RokuTV-not the nonsmart LCD with external Roku3. I’m listening now to a podcast(why can’t I WATCH it via Roku? In order to watch it and not just listen, I have to use the Spotify app on iphone 🙄-I’ll start another thread, I guess).

This is very frustrating. Please bump this up to your superiors & tell them we want it fixed so Roku actually works. 

Thanks, Danny.

0 Kudos
SamC
Binge Watcher

Re: Spotify not loading...

Jump to solution

The latest app update fixed the problem. 

0 Kudos
DrewFam

Jump to solution

I did something I think might be a little easier.

On the Roku Spotify screen my account was simply frozen like you mentioned above. I just arrowed over to add an account on the left, and clicked it.

That gave me the option to sign in on my phone. So I opened the Spotify app on my phone, and went through the steps listed on the Roku screen. 

Poof! Problem solved.

0 Kudos