Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
4mc

Re: Spotify not loading...

Jump to solution

You've never work on OS development and implemented a bug or undocumented change then?

This is Roku's problem until they announce that Spotify is at fault. I didn't go to the store and buy a Spotify TV, and the sales rep said hey buy this Roku, it's great. I bought a Roku because it has spotify.

If the spotify app needs updating to match an OS change, then Roku should either put co-req or pre-req checking in the appstore to make sure they spotify app is only available on devices it will run on, or pull it from the store until its updated.

Either way, it's a Roku issue.

++Mark.

0 Kudos
TSJSssvs

Re: Spotify Linked With Roku Credentials

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same problem with my Spotify app. It does not allow me to login. It says that my account has been linked to Roku credentials. It worked just fine until I purchased and set up a new Roku device. No problems setting up any of my other apps, just Spotify. 

RhiwderinRay
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Try using your mobile device (make sure it is using the same network as your ROKU) and play a song. Set it to play on your Roku (Green font on bottom left of Spotify screen) It should solve the issue - did for me!

0 Kudos
DeloskyGA
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Let's get a few things straight here...

First of all, connecting a playing from a mobile device is NOT an option when you have 4 accounts underneath a Family Subscription and 4 Roku TVs over 3 floors of a house.  When I open Spotify on my TV, I expect to be able to choose which account I want to connect to - I currently have 4 - without my mobile device in tow and logging out and logging in as someone different every time I want to play songs from Spotify.  THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE THE OPTION IN THE APP TO SWITCH PROFILES.

Second of all, Roku - please stop the finger pointing that this is Spotify.  It may be the way Spotify works, but this is DIRECTLY FROM THEIR WEBSITE:

TV app not working?

• Make sure your TV is connected to the internet
  • Check your TV app store for any updates to the Spotify app
  • Check your TV's software is up-to-date
  • Restart the Spotify app
  • Restart your TV
  • Restart your WiFi
  • Delete the Spotify app, then reinstall it onto your TV
  • If possible, try a different WiFi connection

If the problem persists, reach out to your TV manufacturer for further help.

I have done all of these things.  This is 100% the way Roku is linking the Spotify logins.  It even tells you, "Your Spotify credentials have been linked to your Roku account".  This also does not happen on any other systems - mobile phones, laptops, web browsers, etc.  You can try to switch users all day from the first connection screen but you can't connect to - or even delete for that matter - any of the accounts.

Lastly, this hasn't always been a problem.  I've had these 4 Spotify accounts setup under my family subscription as long as I've had Roku TVs, over 2 years now.  This issue just started around the time this original post started.  That tells me there is some authentication change - whether from Spotify, or from the app itself - that happened between updates and now you just can't even login to the app.

At this point, I'm basically left to only being able to play Spotify music on ALL 4 OF MY ROKU TV'S from a device that I am logged into Spotify on.  Roku, you have to figure this out.

My Spotify is not working at all and I don't know what is going on

Jump to solution

Hello I need help with my Spotify and it's not working at all what do I need to do to fix it

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@DeloskyGA

Thanks for the post.

As previously stated in this thread, for more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact Spotify support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. Have you already tried contacting them to see what insight they can provide?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: My Spotify is not working at all and I don't know what is going on

Jump to solution

@Queenredd23

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the exact issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? 

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KaraRok
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

To those still having this issue can i add what worked for me today:

i logged into my spotify account on my pc and logged out of all other devices (there was no option to revoke access for roku btw, &even though it says it won't log you out of the tv app just do it anyway). Then i went onto my roku express and opened spotify. i think i logged out of spotify there, as it still looked the same as before, and this time it actually logged me out instead of doing nothing and so i logged back in and everything was back to normal and working as before. Hope this works for you

SamC
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Still does not work. Why can't you fix the problem? 

0 Kudos
SamC
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

We can we all expect a fix? 

0 Kudos