Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iatan

Re: Spotify Linked With Roku Credentials

Jump to solution

This worked for me.

0 Kudos
mjacobs
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Running Spotify through the devices menu on your phone does work, but, it depletes battery life on your phone and uses up data.  A similar solution, which I am doing, for running Spotify in the home, is to open the Spotify app on your desktop computer and then through the devices menu connect to the Roku.  You can then control the app on your TV as well as from your phone and not deplete battery or data.

The Spotify app is made for Roku by a 3rd party vendor, not Spotify.  Roku has more important things to deal with than the performance of Spotify run through the Roku.  Customer Service from Spotify and Roku were useless and non-responsive.

DeloskyGA
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

"For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact Spotify support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. "

That's funny because Spotify's support says to reach out to my TV manufacturer:

Spotify on TV - Spotify:

TV app not working?

• Make sure your TV is connected to the internet
  • Check your TV app store for any updates to the Spotify app
  • Check your TV's software is up-to-date
  • Restart the Spotify app
  • Restart your TV
  • Restart your WiFi
  • Delete the Spotify app, then reinstall it onto your TV
  • If possible, try a different WiFi connection

If the problem persists, reach out to your TV manufacturer for further help.

Last updated: 12 August, 2021

The error clearly states it has something to do with connecting Roku credentials to the Spotify app.  But when I go to any of the 3 Spotify accounts I have, no where is there any information about Roku devices.  Also, I am unable to Remove any of the accounts from the Roku Spotify app and none of the accounts show Roku as linked from the Accounts page on Spotify.

0 Kudos
SamC
Binge Watcher

Re: Spotify not loading on Roku

Jump to solution

Issue id 64-523-915. The Spotify app won’t even open at all now that I’ve reloaded it. 

0 Kudos
RhiwderinRay
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have just had the same issue. Tried rebooting, tried reinstalling. Nothing works!

RhiwderinRay
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I now have Exactly the same problem. Tried everything but nothing works!

Spotify is NOT on my account Subscriptions as indicated on the message.

0 Kudos
RhiwderinRay
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This appears to be a major issue.

I just changed to a Roku Ultra and suddenly the message came up.

Spotify is not on my Subscriptions in my account.

tried rebooting and updating but does not work.

RhiwderinRay
Channel Surfer

Re: Spotify Linked With Roku Credential SOLUTION !!!

Jump to solution

My SOLUTION

Open up Spotify on your MOBILE DEVICE (Make sure it is on the same internet Network as your ROKU)

Open up a song and Play - Select your ROKU Device!!! to play it on (Green Text bottom right)

Open Spotify on Your Roku

The track should play on your tv

0 Kudos
DeloskyGA
Channel Surfer

Re: Spotify Linked With Roku Credential EDIT: NOT A SOLUTION !!!

Jump to solution

Playing a song from my mobile device is not a long term solution.  Ultimately the error comes back.

Currently this is not a problem for me.  Here's what I did:

1. From all of my Spotify accounts, I removed/disconnected all devices.
  2. From all of my Roku TVs, I uninstalled Spotify.
  3. From all one of my Roku TVs, I reinstalled Spotify.  At this point, I set up Spotify using the primary user account on my family's Spotify membership.
  4. I was then able to add the remaining family members.

I did all of this about a week ago and the error has not come back (yet).  I seriously believe this is something to do with updates in the Roku Spotify app and linked Family accounts (but neither Roku or Spotify will admit as much).

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Sumeet

Re: Spotify not loading on Roku

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. Spotify has never loaded on TCL TV's Roku TV ever since I bought it in October 2021. Chatting with Support has been of no use. How can you such a popular service not work on Roku! 

0 Kudos