Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SamC
Binge Watcher

Re: Spotify not loading on Roku

Jump to solution

Try this many times: Does not solve the problem.  

Did you restart your Roku player before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove restart re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again.

The TV is does this only on the Spotify channel.

Now Spotify app won't open at all, just goes back to home screen. Also the app on my phone can't find the TV anymore to use screen mirroring.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @SamC,

Thanks for the follow-up.

When was the last time you perform a system update on your Roku TV after your post last November? If you haven't tried to update recently, we recommend doing so. We also suggest getting the latest Spotify channel version by checking for a channel update using your * button on the channel tile.

In addition, what Roku TV model device are you using?

Keep us posted with the details.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
SamC
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Tried all the updates still does not work!

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @SamC,

Thanks for the update.

If you are still experiencing an issue with Spotify that you are unable to access or the channel not opening, can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
SamC
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Roku TV 6107X 

Model 55UP130

Software 10.5.0 Build 42-22

Device ID 6H9002973864

Spotify Music

Version 2.8 

Build 102

0 Kudos
SamC
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Serial Number YW0026973864

0 Kudos
BigMac2

Re: Spotify Linked With Roku Credentials

Jump to solution

For whatever reason, the ROKU app now need intervention from the mobile app.  My case was slightly different in that I attempted to logon to my account from another ROKU in my house.  I initially thought that maybe I didn't sign-out from the other.  Not the case, the bedroom ROKU would still log on, the Den ROKU would hang just like the original poster's problem.  Using the Mobile app as directed here, seemed to unscramble the app's brains and both will now connect to my account

0 Kudos

Re: Spotify not loading...

Jump to solution

I'm having the same exact issue with my Roku. TV is a 2019, every single other app works perfectly and I've tried all the suggestions to fix. So based on that I assume its a spotify problem but idk. They won't acknowledge it and no one seems to know how to fix it. I don't wanna cast from my phone constantly to make this work. Its really frustrating. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@SamC

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Jennastarlight

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos