Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IMKenWilliams
Reel Rookie

How to fix Spotify not launching on my Roku device

Jump to solution

I’ve been using Spotify on Roku for several years and out of the blue, Roku linked Spotify using my Roku credentials. But - now Spotify will not launch.  When I select Spotify I am prompted to select an account (mine is the only account).  When I select my account, nothing happens.  I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling-installing Spotify, but same result.  I’ve tried to remove my credentials, but it doesn’t respond or react when that option is selected either.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KaraRok
Reel Rookie

Re: Spotify Linked With Roku Credentials

Jump to solution

To those still having this issue can i add what worked for me today:

i logged into my spotify account on my pc and logged out of all other devices (there was no option to revoke access for roku btw, &even though it says it won't log you out of the tv app just do it anyway). Then i went onto my roku express and opened spotify. i think i logged out of spotify there, as it still looked the same as before, and this time it actually logged me out instead of doing nothing and so i logged back in and everything was back to normal and working as before. Hope this works for you

View solution in original post

123 REPLIES 123
Kate27

Spotify will not open/load on Roku TV - states not enough space (but has been a main app)

Jump to solution

Hi,
I hope all are well. I have had Spotify on my Roku TV for quite some time now (years!), but for the past several days I have not been able to open the app. I get an error stating "Channel Install Failed - Could not open/add 'Spotify Music'. There is not enough space... Please remove one or more channels and try again..."
I have removed several channels, removed playlists from Spotify itself, tried to open the app and still get this message... I have tried to update on both the TV and in the app on my Android... and have now removed Spotify from my Roku TV and tried to add it once again but still get this message.
Can anyone help? Thank you

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Spotify will not open/load on Roku TV - states not enough space (but has been a main app)

Jump to solution

@Kate27 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend making sure to remove all unused channels from your Roku TV. Once the channels are removed, try to perform a factory reset on your Roku TV, and then relink the Roku TV back to your Roku account. Please be aware that performing a factory reset on your Roku TV will require you to reauthenticate your channel subscriptions. Does this resolve the issue that you are experiencing?

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
IzzyB

Re: Spotify will not open/load on Roku TV - states not enough space (but has been a main app)

Jump to solution

I have been listening to Spotify every day and today it said the same thing to me. Never added any new channels but all of a sudden there’s no room. The answer given to fix it was just about useless. And lately it has to download the app every time I want to use it unlike the other apps. I have no idea what it’s going on. 

Dilly4u

Jump to solution

I had the exact same problem and all my husband did was to check the system for updates. My Roku Express did have an update waiting to be installed and once it was updated everything worked fine again. If you haven't tried to update your system then go to your Home>Settings>System Update>Check Now. Also make sure you are updating the Roku system because when my husband was trying to explain how to update the system over the phone, I was updating just the Spotify channel and not the Roku. Updating the channel will not fix the problem, you need to update the Roku System program. I hope this was helpful and that it solves your issue.

0 Kudos
Jp85
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have had the same problem. All of a sudden Spotify will not work and I get the same “not bough room” warning. It worked fine before and I have no new channels and very few channels overall. I removed some channels, deleted Spotify and reloaded it, turned out v/ROKU off and on, all software up to date. Same problem continues. What is going on with ROKU.????!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Jp85
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Doesn’t fix it. A dud Danny 👎. It appears to be a ROKU failure.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@IMKenWilliams

Thanks for the post.

Can you the provide exact steps to produce the issue you are experiencing and what you are seeing? If possible, please provide screenshots of what you are seeing on screen.

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
buddro

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same issue starting yesterday. I can't log in to spotify. The message states; "this account is linked with your Roku credentials" can't do anything on Spotify account, it is locked up.

Biancho99

Jump to solution

Here was my solution:

Click add account (even though I have one)

Go through the prompts to open the app through your phone making sure both are on the same wifi connection.

Play a song and link it to your Roku device as directed.

Song started playing on my TV and that was it. Now it all works.