Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dholland227
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Keeps Switching to Netflix Channel

Jump to solution

Removing the Netflix channel doesn’t help. The solution I found which permanently fixed the problem is to do a “Factory Reset” which makes the box like new. Then add the channels you want. Have had no problems weeks after doing this. 

0 Kudos
SubduedSum

Re: Re: How to fix Roku device that keeps switching to Netflix channel (button ISN'T stuck)

Jump to solution

I have a Phillips Roku TV and I have the small Roku remote that came with it. Everything has been fine with it for over a year but recently anytime I’m watching TV on different apps like YouTube, Amazon Prime, HBO Max, Hulu, etc it switches to Netflix. I switch it back but there again it goes again to Netflix on its own. It does this randomly but does it every time I’m watching TV. My Netflix button on the remote isn’t jammed, no one in my family is changing it to Netflix from the Roku app. So I was lost and upset since watching TV would probably be a bad experience for me every time.  But hold on I think I found the solution. Go to “Settings”, “Advanced system settings”, “Device Connect”, “Disable ‘Device Conect’” for some reason after I did this the whole Netflix ordeal hasn’t happened to me. Try at your own risk. Best of luck. 

blacktele
Channel Surfer

Re: How to fix Roku device that keeps switching to Netflix channel (button ISN'T stuck)

Jump to solution

After having lived on this thread for the past year or more (still waiting to see if that most recent fix holds) now my Roku remote NO LONGER HAS POWER OR VOLUME CONTROL!  Well, lucky for me there are another thousand people who have the exact same problem and there are other threads already in progress for the past couple years trying to fix my THAT problem.

I bid farewell to this particular thread for now. Maybe I will see you again on the other thread about Power/Volume problems when that one comes for you. 

God Bless!

0 Kudos

Re: How to fix Roku device that keeps switching to Netflix channel (button ISN'T stuck)

Jump to solution

I tried what you suggested. It didn’t work, my tv kept switching to Netflix so I ended up just factory resetting it. 

0 Kudos
cmdred
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

sounds to me like Netflix has a deal with Roku!  😉

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I bought a Hisense 55” Roku TV yesterday, and even while I was setting it up for the first time, it was constantly making the sound like I was pressing buttons on the remote. Once setup was complete, it kept opening DirecTV Stream. I tried factory reset, which didn’t solve the problem. It kept doing it after I removed the batteries from the remote, so I just turned it off. It turned itself back on and opened DirecTV Stream again. The only way to stop it was to unplug the TV, which is obviously not ideal for entertainment.

0 Kudos
cmdred
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Johnseth728 wrote:

" The only way to stop it was to unplug the TV, which is obviously not ideal for entertainment."

Did it keep doing it again when you plugged the tv back in?  

Or are you saying you weren't able to fix it?

0 Kudos
roluswitchest
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This has happened to me many times on my tcl tv. And now it’s started on my roku ultra box hooked to a different tv. I can’t believe roku hasn’t fixed this people have been complaining over a year. It is not the remote because I took the batteries out I don’t have the app open. I just deleted the netflix app because I don’t use it on this TV  so far so good it’s been about 10 mins. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@roluswitchest

Thanks for the post.

Do your remotes have the Netflix quick launch button on the remote? What are the steps to replicate the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FixNetflixBug
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Please stop posting "check if the remote button is stuck" as a solution. Obviously most of the people here are past that point and still having issues. People have stated they removed the batteries and it's still happening, yet you KEEP posting that as a solution. Ridiculous. How about come up with an actual solution instead of replying like a bot. On going issue for over a year and still no solution. Reporting you to customer support for being a parrot and not being helpful at all.

I've tried another suggested solutions as well, removing the app rebooting and reinstalling, factory reset, advanced system settings. Still doing the same thing every day. 

Great product and support we got here. /s