Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ironstarone
Reel Rookie

Roku Premiere Netflix app - some shows not working

Jump to solution

Hello! Since a week ago (1/19/2022) all of our Roku devices (premiere+ 4k and roku stick) only plays some shows/movies on the Netflix app. The either just spin a 0% or go up to 25% and stay there. I can view the shows/movies that do not work through my computer's browser just fine. The Rokus and the computer are on the same network.

What I have tried:

Unplug the Roku devices, waited 1 min, plugged back in, waited a minute once on the home screen and then tried to play a show on Netflix. - Does not work.

Delete the Netflix app, Unplug the Roku devices, waited 1 min, plugged back in, waited a minute once on the home screen, added the Netflix app, logged in and tried to play a show on Netflix. - Does not work.

Tried resetting my router - Does not work.

Tried connecting directly to my modem to see if the router was filtering anything. - Does not work.

Anything else I can try? The last Netflix update was on Dec. 8 (5.0.98079428) and the last Roku update was on Dec. 10 (Software 10.5.0 build 4208-91) and it says it's up to date.

Seems like that app is the issue, but I cannot find any notices on the web about this.

Any help is appreciated!

0 Kudos
meb123
Channel Surfer

Re: Netfix wont load certain titles

Jump to solution

Netflix is working again for me. Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Premiere Netflix app - some shows not working

Jump to solution

Hi @Ironstarone,

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for letting us know all that you've done.
We believe this issue has been resolved. If the issue persists, please help us with the required details below for us to send the case for investigation to our engineering team:

Please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
GoldenGirl
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Looks like this works on my original account now.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Ironstarone
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Sadly the issue is not resolved. Here is the information you requested:

Model: 3921RW - Roku Premiere+

Serial Number: YH00D8275734

Software Version: 10.5.0 - Build 4208-91

Device ID: JG289D275734

The issue appears to only occur with Netflix. Either the show will not load (spins at 0%) or loads to 25% as in the picture and spins.

Tracker ID: 34-038-876

badhill
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks. Unfortunately, still not working for me. 

• Roku device model 4640 RW Roku Ultra 
  • Serial number. YP00DE840274
  • Device ID. ADC73D840274
  • Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About). 10.5  Build 4208-29
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button). Netflix. Version 4.2. Build 98079450
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times). Not sure 
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing. Open Netflix app from roku ultra, attempt to play an episode of a show, episode will not start and progresses from 0 to 25%
0 Kudos
Ironstarone
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Sadly the issue is not resolved. Here is the information you requested:

Model: 3921RW - Roku Premiere+

Serial Number: YH00D8275734

Software Version: 10.5.0 - Build 4208-91

Device ID: JG289D275734

The issue appears to only occur with Netflix. Either the show will not load (spins at 0%) or loads to 25% as in the picture and spins.

Tracker ID: 34-038-876

MWsundevil

Re: How to fix the Netflix channel not responding on my Roku streaming device

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue with Netflix. Also Hulu and Amazon don’t work. Disney+ is the only app that has been working over the last 4-5 days.

0 Kudos
Katzgems

Re: How to fix Netflix not working on my Roku streaming device

Jump to solution

Nothing a user can do to fix this. Neither roku nor Netflix will take responsibility.    Hours on roku messing with a rep and he just left the chat

0 Kudos
eselsawaf

Re: How to fix Netflix not working on my Roku streaming device

Jump to solution

I see this was an issue several months ago and we have been currently experiencing the same issue— Netflix freezes within a couple minutes of starting a show and will not play further. This happens ONLY ON THE ROKU. 
I saw a note saying that this was resolved but it clearly has not been.

0 Kudos